What should I do?

713King

Reaction score
I'm about to start college this semester and do you guys think I should get the Droid again or wait for Nexus to get to Verizon on March? I loved the Droid when I had it, should I just go ahead and get it and forget about the Nexus phone. Specially right now since its on 2.01 and i can be able to root the phone and be able to do whatever.

bossrogue

Reaction score
I'm about to start college this semester and do you guys think I should get the Droid again or wait for Nexus to get to Verizon on March? I loved the Droid when I had it, should I just go ahead and get it and forget about the Nexus phone. Specially right now since its on 2.01 and i can be able to root the phone and be able to do whatever.

Go for the Droid! :icon_ banana:

OP

713King

Reaction score
Thank you for advice :D i think i will get it again because man... did i love it!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah get the Droid. The Nexus isn't that much more of a phone, they are very evenly matched. The Nexus has a brighter screen and a bit more speed, the Motorola is more sexy (in my opinion lol) and has the physical keyboard and a slightly higher resolution.

OP

713King

Reaction score
well thank you! i was going to get droid today but my god they said i had to pay 250 dollars up front and i couldnt just pay 100 for mail in rebate and put the rest on my bill. so i was upset im going to try Best Buy tomorrow and see how that goes :D

bossrogue

Reaction score
Go to the Nexus One forum and read all the complaints. Currently it is a FAIL phone. The Droid is where it's at! :yeahbaby01:

OP

713King

Reaction score
Woot! so i finally got my DROID!!!!!!!! haha i love the sound. I was wondering if i can set up my main apps email account were i bought all my apps from and have a seperate one for my Google Voice?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
well thank you! i was going to get droid today but my god they said i had to pay 250 dollars up front and i couldnt just pay 100 for mail in rebate and put the rest on my bill. so i was upset im going to try Best Buy tomorrow and see how that goes :D

HUH?? I got mine at the local VZW and they did an instant rebate in place of the mail in (in addition to matching a few other discounts). Is there another local store near you? Oh, make sure it's a corporate store and not a "authorized retailer." Just ask tell them it is a MAJOR point and if they won't do it you'll go to BB or get it online and you shouldn't have a problem. Seen lots of others on here get the mail-in rebated instantly applied to.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Woot! so i finally got my DROID!!!!!!!!

whatever you do...do NOT..i repeat....do NOT put sweeterhome on there or you WILL flunk out of school lol see my thread "my house is a mess" lol

OP

713King

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy and got it for 149.99 :D so its a win win because they also have the black hat protection plan which is great specially for this phone and i just pay 6.99 a month for their insurance. also do you guys think i should root the phone and keep it on 2.01 and when 2.1 comes out update it? or just keep it as it is.

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Stay at 2.01 for now

Stay at 2.01 for now. Learn all about the Android o/s and the phone. The 2.1 update will be delivered OTA in the near future and it will be a nice surprise when it does.

In the meantime, the Droid as is has plenty to keep you satisfied and if you want to get into rooting you can always do that later when you are more familiar with the phone and Android.

Peace,

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stay at 2.01 for now. Learn all about the Android o/s and the phone. The 2.1 update will be delivered OTA in the near future and it will be a nice surprise when it does.

In the meantime, the Droid as is has plenty to keep you satisfied and if you want to get into rooting you can always do that later when you are more familiar with the phone and Android.

Peace,

^+1
2.1 will bring a lot of nice features (extra screens and widgets). And if you're not on the 'current' version you will not get any help from VZW support. So just wait and see how 2.1 is. Then after you learn the phone you can root and have fun (if needed). In all honesty between the openness of the OS and all the items on the marketplace there is very little need for most people to root (really only those OCD users that are just never satisfied, lol... wait, I'm one of those people:icon_ banana:... DAMMIT... :icon_ devil:).

OP

713King

Reaction score
lol yea i know the OS but not all the way i mean i had dxTop, i was helping with the bugs on Imagine Multi touch, and know how to add apk files using Astro app manager.. and more stuff but what i wanted was to root and be able to have the 2.1 update lol