What Should I Do?

NYCSean

Reaction score
hello all, i have something in my screen i don't know what it is but is it possible to get a replacement will it cover for free from vzw? here's a picture i have drawn a square box to what i am referring to
2v3q7is.jpg

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a piece of foam between the LCD and the touchscreen. Apparently, the foam has moved up. That said, if you're still within the one year warranty, they should replace it.

kkeys147

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my D2G. They took one look at it at the VZW store, verified my warranty status & started processing. No questions, or hassle.

Now I have a certified pre-owned D2G enroute. I am apprehensive though. My D2G has never been rooted and runs like a dream. I know it could be better, but it rarely screws up at all. You read all of these stories online about CPO phones coming DOA or only lasting a few weeeks before they crap out. I hope I didn't trade one problem for another.

I just keep telling myself that no one gets a CPO phone that works great & posts on the internet how happy they are. It's only the problem ones that make the boards.

OP
N

NYCSean

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my D2G. They took one look at it at the VZW store, verified my warranty status & started processing. No questions, or hassle.

Now I have a certified pre-owned D2G enroute. I am apprehensive though. My D2G has never been rooted and runs like a dream. I know it could be better, but it rarely screws up at all. You read all of these stories online about CPO phones coming DOA or only lasting a few weeeks before they crap out. I hope I didn't trade one problem for another.

I just keep telling myself that no one gets a CPO phone that works great & posts on the internet how happy they are. It's only the problem ones that make the boards.

Sounds Good, no problem do they ask for personal info? and did they charge you?
There is a piece of foam between the LCD and the touchscreen. Apparently, the foam has moved up. That said, if you're still within the one year warranty, they should replace it.

kkeys147

Reaction score
They need your account info, and your manufacturer's warranty has to be in effect. (1 year from original purchase).
You must not be rooted.
You had to have actually gotten the phone from Verizon.

If that sounds like you then you won't have any trouble getting it for free. The store I was at didn't have any D2G's in stock so they're mailing me the replacement.

OP
N

NYCSean

Reaction score
They need your account info, and your manufacturer's warranty has to be in effect. (1 year from original purchase).
You must not be rooted.
You had to have actually gotten the phone from Verizon.

If that sounds like you then you won't have any trouble getting it for free. The store I was at didn't have any D2G's in stock so they're mailing me the replacement.

Alright, goodlooks ima go stop by verizon today