What should i do about this high pitch sound?

alucard9114

Reaction score
I and others have had a problem where there is a high pitch noise in the background of music and videos.What my question is should i return the phone and try another before 9/22,return and wait for the next batch,or keep the phone and hope motorola fixes this buy updates?:icon_eek:

gsDroid

Reaction score
I tested my Bionic for this issue and do not have the whine or crackle others have mentioned. Since not all phones exhibit the behavior I think you should try to exchange it for one that works properly.

mantispid

Reaction score
I and others have had a problem where there is a high pitch noise in the background of music and videos.What my question is should i return the phone and try another before 9/22,return and wait for the next batch,or keep the phone and hope motorola fixes this buy updates?:icon_eek:

I've noticed a 'capacitor whine'-like sound through headphones that happens when my battery is at 20% or less. I think it has something to do with the way the Bionic tries to conserve battery power when it gets that low.

geeksbsmrt

Reaction score
This is a pretty widespread issue if you look at the other posts about it. There is unfortunately, nothing the end user can do to resolve the issue. Moto/VZW will have to work something out if this is to be repaired.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I get this weird pop from the speakerphone from time to time, if it keeps up I will be sure to take the phone back...

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have this high pitched whine, I just got off the phone with a VZ rep and she told me tech support would give me a call and try to resolve it. :rolleyes: She said though if it could not be resolved I can return the phone with no restocking fee which is sadly what I may do. Looks like I'll be getting the Prime or Vigor after all, hopefully those rumored dates hold true because I want a 4G LTE device darn it.

EDIT: Ok, just got off the phone with VZ tech support and it looks like it's hardware folks, Motorola is looking into it but isn't offering any information on when they are going to fix it so that being said if u can't deal with the high pitched whine return the phone before ur 14 days are up. I'm going to VZ tomorrow to return mine as I have good hearing and cannot stand the whine. Back to the OG for now.

wseyller

Reaction score
I got mine day 1 when the store opened. I can't make it cause the problem. Sounds like it is hit or miss.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would walk into a VZW store and try to recreate the sound with your mouth and see how long it takes for a VZW employee to ask you to stop.

I don't know what it will accomplish but it will be funny.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I got mine day 1 when the store opened. I can't make it cause the problem. Sounds like it is hit or miss.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Play a video or listen to a song and turn the media volume all the way down, if u can't hear it then ur probably good, it's pretty noticeable, it hurts my ears to say the least. It seems it's more of a hit than a miss. I would just go and exchange it but I don't wanna spend hours finding one that doesn't have the whine so back to the OG for me til the Prime or Inc HD.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will work for the headset buy it got rid out the pooping in Netflix. Goto settings> sound> media audio effects> I choose phone speaker pick whichever you are using > equalizer> set mine to balanced no more annoying popping

And nvm the popping is.back.... Might still be worth a shot

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work for the headset buy it got rid out the pooping in Netflix. Goto settings> sound> media audio effects> I choose phone speaker pick whichever you are using > equalizer> set mine to balanced no more annoying popping

And nvm the popping is.back.... Might still be worth a shot

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

Did not work!:frown: