1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What setup do I need?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jcray19, May 9, 2010.

1. jcray19

jcray19 New Member

Hello all....this is just a general question to get your opinions on what ROM/Launcher I should run.
    First off I am currently running BB v1.0 with bekit 0.8.3 800MHz LV kernel. I love everything about this setup. It's not too extravagant and everything is lightning fast compared to Stock 2.1 setup.
    I really like the Helix Launcher but, the only think I like about it is the "Quick Launch" bar at the bottom where you can program the four buttons that stay there no matter what screen you are on.
    I personally like the App Drawer of the BB v1.0 (it looks like Stock 2.1) and everything on the BB v1.0 has the smoked glass look.
    I don't care for the 3D app drawer that the HelixLauncher 2 has, it looks too cheesy to me.

So, I guess really what I want it a setup like what I have now but, with the quick launch buttons at the bottom. Am I just out of luck, or are there any Launchers out there that I can get rid of everything except the Quick Launch buttons?

Thanks in advance.
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

There are other launchers but they are more or less the same. I don't really understand what you are looking for though. HelixLauncher1 is essentially, the stock launcher with the icons on the side + a couple other options. Any launcher/home replacement that isn't stock is going to have issues at some point or another. Lag, crashes, or whatever. Helix Launcher 1 seemed the least problematic from my tests.

ADW things <-- is a newer release of a HelixLauncher modification of sorts. With TONs of options. Has been running quite well for me so far, only had it for a few days now.

Zeam - Android app on AppBrain <-- is another take on this sort of thing. I haven't tried it myself, but it has it's fans.