What say you? What would be your Frankenstein phone?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
My Rezound with my Dares battery life, camera lens and Bluetooth hfp a2dp range/stability. That phone had monster battery life, camera and Bluetooth.
A second lesser choice would be my Dare with a slider keyboard.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

I've been touting the Dare's camera capability for years now, and still think I took pictures with it that rival and sometimes best today's best smartphone cameras all in a feature phone. I must have 20 posts on this forum on the subject.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Since it's Father's day tomorrow, let's try to create a totally pimped out phone...the perfect phone for fathers. No gender bias here, since of course that phone may also be really exciting for the female population as well. It is just for fun.

xtor

Reaction score
Moto radio, note 2 size, 1080hd bullet proof screen, quadruple core, titanium frame, canon 18 mp camera/video, no bloat, 132 gig integral storage/132 removable storage, 4600 mah battery (removable), s-pen,blue tooth 8.0, dual front speakers, wireless charging.ok some of this hasn't been developed yet:)

when in doubt, ask foxkat!

Let's add satellite capabilities and night vision through the camera and full encryption for calls, text and Internet use to keep big brothing

Last edited:
OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, this thread died a quick death. Somewhat reminiscent of Frankenstein himself. I was enjoying all the ideas popping in, but perhaps I can attribute it to Father's day.

soycoffee

Reaction score
But didn't Dr. Frankenstein build a monster out of spare parts who lurched around, scared people, and occasionally brought them harm? How is that the model for building an ideal phone, as this thread has seemed to encourage?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
But didn't Dr. Frankenstein build a monster out of spare parts who lurched around, scared people, and occasionally brought them harm? How is that the model for building an ideal phone, as this thread has seemed to encourage?

then u can build ur self a
-thunderbolt battery life
-s3 randomly cracking screen
-your holding it wrong iPhone reception
-blackberry app world
- any old o. s

but we rather build our Frankenstein from the best of the best.. and it'll be scary... scary good

Note Duece

Yellowhammer

Reaction score
For starters, it needs the DroidX build quality. Those things are tanks. No otterbox required.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
For starters, it needs the DroidX build quality. Those things are tanks. No otterbox required.

I had that thing in my glove box for a week and it got internal screen damage.. there's more durable phones than that

Note Duece

Yellowhammer

Reaction score
I had that thing in my glove box for a week and it got internal screen damage.. there's more durable phones than that Note Duece
Strange. Mine has been hot, cold, rained on, dropped a dozen times on concrete, flung out a car window when the car dock's suction cup failed. It took 3 years of abuse before the first few pixels died.

D

dappwl

I think in this day and age the perfect Frankenstein phone (collecting all the best possible parts and just merging them in a horrid way) would probably be invisible at least... Definitely would be thought-based (no keyboards needed), would be able to control every electronic device without problems and would provide free calls to everything that is capable of receiving phone calls :)

Okay, maybe I am going just a bit too ahead, but would be nice to be so much more ahead... :)

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Travel to northern WI.

I noticed your call, and since you are in Indiana, you 'may' have visited my region, or not.
The invite is available should you visit the area, I also have a GRS repeater I designed and built for free usage to anybody, provided they act like adults.
462.600/467.600, DPL 432 on both transmit and receive. VHF link on 151.955, DPL 234.

My system was NOT designed to be a wide coverage machine, only a 10 mile radius so my wife, son and I can talk to each other.

The receiver hears down to -137 dBm, so it hears better than most machines, by design.
A preselector cavity on VHF keeps out all the high band garbage, pagers and itinerant commercial garbage.
A will be installing other links to the system to extend the capacity and use by others.

We have a few machines in the area, 145.130, 444.400, 146,940, 145.430, and also 147.195, and 147.120.
All require a PL tone of 114.8 to access.

I own a two way radio service shop mainly for commercial interests, but service amateur radio gear as well.
After 30 years in radio and cell site servicing, I am opening my horizons to Android systems, which I find to be a great way to open my phones up and make them do what I want them to, and not be locked down to what the carrier's want. Open source is the only way to achieve this goal, so once I am proficient, I can start contributing as well, and assist others in more than the hardware/RF platforms.

I am KA9UCE, so you can look me up in QRZ.
More people should network to attain a higher level of proficiency with the Android platform, it's fun and educational.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
While we are adding specifications, I would love a good spectrum analyzer function, with good dynamic range, sensitive receiver, and tracking generator capability.
Give it a band spread from 100 Mhz. to 4 Ghz, and demodulate AM/FM/PSK/QPSK/CDMA/P25/TETRA and decrypt AEC-512 encryption algos'.
Give the phone real usage value as a secondary spy tool.
I miss my ZK-SAM, and would love to be able to scan CDMA network data from the phone, as you could with the old AMPS phones, such as the Star Tac. That is one phone I wish they still made and updated with Android.

I am a test equipment addict, so I look for real world use, not glitzy and shiny things of no relative use to me. I would love to be on a call to a customer, and have the ability to scan his network's data, and transmit that data in real time, back to the customer, not set up a truck load of test gear, take measurements, store the data and code it into something the customer can decipher.

Since I am not a software person, but a hardware person, he interface can begin life as a cludge-work of applications, but in a final version, it would need to be cleaned up, assigned functions for buttons, not seven apps for a single button, that will get confusing.
One main button to actuate a given operation, another to read the data, and another to save and send said data. Possibly, an app can be applied to a few buttons, but certainly not all.

From simple site measurement, to advanced metrics of complete data acquisition. Signal strength, RF power of each channel, forward and reverse channel data, overhead data, hand-off data, tower to tower signal data, relative RSSI from each panel antenna, downtilt, everything a cell site needs for peroper and consistent operations.

THAT, is what I would love to have in MY handset.

I suppose the form factor would need to be enlarged to encompass the tablet sizes, as the RF architecture would require far more board real estate.

Last edited: