what rom to run??

Officermartin05

Reaction score
I know a very little about rims I have a DROID x stock running gb 605 it is rooted I have busybox and running v6 super charger im looking to put a different rom on here I have always ran liberty but have had some problems with in the past. Now there is so many different rims I have no clue who to run im wanting one that is liable stable speedy great battery life less lags and one with least amount of problems I know its alot to ask for lol but I do know what I want. Need one that is also good at multi tasking. Can anyone help me out on this and don't know if I will have to and back to 302the or later in order to run new room.

leftspin

Reaction score
For speed, stability, customization and battery life run CM7 GB. If you're willing to sacrifice a little battery life for more customization go for MIUI. My recommendation is flash a few and see what you like best

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Does the X have a locked bootloader or am I gravely mistaken?

DJxPanda

Reaction score
So.. miui is decent. Id say go with the official gb build and not the ics one, just cuz im on the ics one and its buggy to hell. Lot of lag issues and fcs. but you can try it if ud like. Cm7 is also another solid alternative, specifically revnumbers. that is based off the GB kernel where as the "official" nightlies are based off froyo. I also tried mobile_sensei's icx, which really is just GB with some ics flavor. It awesome on battery life. Insane. Though it isnt being updated, its still solid.

leftspin

Reaction score
The X has a locked bootloader unfortunately.

I know some people had trouble with the ICS MIUI buy I've never had an issue with it, for me it's been fast and about as stable as CM7 GB and I've been running it for about a week

OP
Officermartin05

Officermartin05

Reaction score
Ok so I have had a few give some ideas on roms still not sure which is best for me I've heard alot of pros and cons on them all and people having problems with them. And really not wanting to have to sbf back off the 605 so any one have any suggestions?

leftspin

Reaction score
Ok so I have had a few give some ideas on roms still not sure which is best for me I've heard alot of pros and cons on them all and people having problems with them. And really not wanting to have to sbf back off the 605 so any one have any suggestions?

you won't have to SBF, you're fine on .605

with any ROM including stock Android or MotoBlur Android there are pros and cons, things that work better than others, bugs, etc. Using any computer or similar device kind of requires you to accept that it won't be perfect. There are problems regardless of what ROM you run so my recommendation would be to find the ROM with the least amount of bugs in the things you use the most.

CM7 GB has been the least buggy for me, I don't think it's ever given me an issue with anything other than an occasional need for a reboot