What rom should I use

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
When I go to click on the dl after its done downloading it takes me to astro and I don't know where to go in astro...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

stillwaiting

Reaction score
U need to install droid 2 bootstrapper then go into recover make a backup, when that's done, wipe data/cache then install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card, then install the nightly build, when that's done install the gaps goo-inside.me file, that should take a couple seconds and when that's done reboot and enjoy

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Holy sh!t........I have no idea what all that is or how to do that..

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
And if I wipe data will I lose saved stuff on my phone?

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Yes but if you made a backup u can just press restore and it will all come back to the way you left it
Its not as hard as it sounds

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Yes but if you made a backup u can just press restore and it will all come back to the way you left it
Its not as hard as it sounds

How do u install droid 2 bootstrapper. Since astro doesn't work? Thanks

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Yo pimp I hit bootstrapp recovery and reboot recovery...it just said success ...is that good enough to store and recover everything? That's it right?

stillwaiting

Reaction score
No u have to hit the top button then it should ask for superuser permission then then hit the button below that after it says succes it should then reboot into clockwork recovery and you can backup wipe data/cache... etc

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
How do I know everything is backed up?....I hit the bottom button (reboot recovery)...phone cut off then came back on and then I highlighted the 1st choice ....is that right? Now what?

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Would it be easier to text u over this?

stillwaiting

Reaction score
lol not really
what you have to do in clockwork is
1. navigate down to -backup and restore
2. -backup. when thats done,
3. - wipe data/factory reset
4. -wipe cache partition
5. -install zip from sdcard
6. -choose zip from sdcard
7. navigate using the volume rocker down to where the nightly zip file is and and click on it using the camera button
8. when thats done installingm, navigate to the where the gaps zip is and install that too
9. when thats done press reboot, when it finally comes up you log into google account restore all your apps and contacts... etc like when you first got the phone.

also DO NOT USE droid 2 bootstrapper in cyanogenmod7 to get into recovery, hold the power button and press reboot, a sub menu should pop up asking if you want to reboot into bootloader or recovery(clockwork), if you want to go back to what you had before you flashed cm7 just reboot into recovery and navigate to -backup and restore, instead of pressing backup press restore and youll be able to choose which file to restore to(if this is your first time using clockwork theyll just be one) and click on that, it will automatically start restoring and you should be fine.
if you somehow manage to get yourself into a bootloop or stuck in the bootloader with a code corrupt error just say so and i can give you a tutorial on how to sbf using linux or RSD lite.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
yo i went to scroll to zip from sd card and it wasnt there so i went to reboot my phone to go back and dl the nightly dl thing an wen i rebooted my phone it was wiped completely....how do i get my apps back...cause logining into gmail doesn not restore apps