1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What rom do I choose?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Highflyin128, Feb 10, 2010.

?

What rom do I choose?

1. Bugless Beauty - Latest Version

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bugless Beast - Latest Version

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sholes.info

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other - Please advise

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

What rom do I choose?. I have tried BB two weeks ago and had alot of FC's. Now I am running just plain old 2.0.1 rooted. And I cant get the new google maps update to install from the market. So I want to wipe my phone and start over. And wanna choose the best rom...

I need the GPS and WIFI working 100%. And I wanna block the OTA of 2.1 being pushed this week from verizon.
  2. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

3. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

I'm running the alldroid community 2.1 beta. I love it. It's stable, and fast (running taz's 950mhz kernel with new processor temp moitor plugin). And I just like having 2.1 (I'm sure the appeal will decrease after the official release though)
  4. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

Would be nice to be running 2.1. Is the GPS and Wifi 100% working?
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I'm running bugless beast 7.5. It's awesome. And there is a guide in my signature.
  6. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

Any body know if Sholes is based on 2.0.1 or 2.1.
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Running Sholes 2.0.2 at 1Ghz. I chose the 2.0.1 Rom
  8. agent42o

agent42o New Member

It's really up to you, aside from the back end differences and some stuff that most never use, you'll get almost the same thing with each rom. 5 Screens, overclocked, multi-touch, smoked glass theme, tethering, etc...

If you're in the mood you could grab a couple, try them out for a few hours with what you regularly do, make a backup, then try a different rom to see which one you like the most.
  9. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

sholes 2.0.2 oc'd to 800mhz
  10. gnmitchell

gnmitchell New Member

I'm running sholes 2.0.3 at 1000Mhz and chose the 2.1 Rom with no problems
  11. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Sholes is based on 2.0.1 build
  12. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

What do u mean. Choose 2.1 rom
  13. G8orDroid

G8orDroid New Member

Sholes 2.0.2 @ 800mhz with Home++. NO problems, everything works fast an smooth.
  14. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

What does the smupdater do on sholes do?
  15. G8orDroid

G8orDroid New Member

The quick answer is "everything".
    The longer answer (courtesy of hacku) is available here: SholesMod Step by Step
    There have been a few tweaks since he created the Step by Step, but the major steps are the same.

The biggest advantages are:
    1 - You never have to connect your phone to a PC
    2 - If you DL the app from the Market you'll get notifications of app updates
    3 - It gives you the option of returning to a "Stock" unrooted ROM with a couple of button presses.
    4 - It's a SHOLES ROM! (nothing against any of the others, I just like their work)

You won't get automatic notifications of ROM updates (although I think they are working on that), but if you're like me, you will see the notices on the forums anyway. You can always launch the app occasionally just to check. If a newer ROM is available, it will show up in the list.
  16. pthance

pthance New Member

I vote sholes.info. They already said in chat today that it "should" be simple (maybe a couple hours) to get root and busybox on 2.1 when its released, shortly after that they will be compiling a stable ROM based off 2.1 that will be available via the SMupdater. Of course the "should" be simple is still in the air, but I haven't been disappointed with this team yet.
  17. Mr Sherry

Mr Sherry New Member

With an ota update and 2.1 to follow in the coming week(which has been confirmed) would it be worth it to do this Tom now or should I wait until the 2.1root comes out and then do this?
  18. pthance

pthance New Member

Take the plunge, do it now! You will be able to go back to stock and update to 2.1 if you so choose (but if you root you most likely love it so much you will stay).:biggrin:
  19. Mr Sherry

Mr Sherry New Member

I mean I do plan to stay rooted..but I want to know I its easy enough and if ill get enough out of it before 2. 1arrives. I love my rooted Droid but I'm still not sure what I will get out of this rom.
  20. pthance

pthance New Member

SMupdater is easy-peasy! No need for you to use the adb shell or terminal at all. Just download the app and follow the instructions. The team has a donation app in the market for 5 bucks, or you can download it free at Sholes. Preferred method is donation as the team works hard to keep us happy, but if your strapped for cash the free method is always an option.
Search tags for this page

which rom do i choose