What rom do are you currently running on your Droid 2?

want a droid

Reaction score
Can't beat this:

15x4oba.jpg

I'm running squidly's latest. I have the extended battery and this rom is giving me the best battery life I've ever seen.

I leave sync off, but I keep my screen on full brightness. I text a lot and manually update TweetDeck and my gmail often.

Also use navigation a bit.

Last edited:

mkw87

Reaction score
I have been running apex since I got my droid 2 about a month ago. I tried squidly's because I had heard such great things about it, but it seemed to eat my battery. I get 12+ hours on apex, but only got 8 or 9 on squidly with the same configuration.

Blabomb

Reaction score
I can't decide which ROM to install. Which one should I install and why? I don't really care if its super fast as long as its functional and look HOT :)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you're in it for looks alone, go for ApeX.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can't decide which ROM to install. Which one should I install and why? I don't really care if its super fast as long as its functional and look HOT :)

GummyJar comes pre installed with a GingerBread theme and has TONS of themes available for it in the GummyJar section. Go check it out!

Blabomb

Reaction score
Well one says apex, another says gummy. Any other opinions? :)

mkw87

Reaction score

Here is a link to some of the themes available for Apex........if you are in it for looks and functionality this ROM is a great choice. I use it for stability but admit there is some great themes available for it.

Blabomb

Reaction score

Here is a link to some of the themes available for Apex........if you are in it for looks and functionality this ROM is a great choice. I use it for stability but admit there is some great themes available for it.

I will say that some of those themes to look really good. Thanks for the link :) Are there threads like this for all the other ROM's? I think that would make my choice very easy

mkw87

Reaction score

I will say that some of those themes to look really good. Thanks for the link :) Are there threads like this for all the other ROM's? I think that would make my choice very easy

Most dev's that have their own thread in this forum have release pages. That link is from Apex's latest release thread, 2nd post. It's a link to a themes thread created for a different release version of his rom but nothing changed in the latest release to break the themes, so no need for a new thread.

Short version: popular roms with lots of themes will have a thread like that, likely in their sub-forum here.

Blabomb

Reaction score
Ok thank you I will take a look. And does using ROM manager from the market make it easier to install/uninstall ROM's?
Sorry I am kinda being annoying but I have a lot of questions :) haha

mkw87

Reaction score
Ok thank you I will take a look. And does using ROM manager from the market make it easier to install/uninstall ROM's?
Sorry I am kinda being annoying but I have a lot of questions :) haha

ROM manager is AWESOME..........for a Droid :-/

For the D2 there is only 2 or 3 apps in there. It's just as easy with the D2 to download the ROM, put it on your SD card, and then reboot using Bootstrapper and install the ROM. FYI bootstrapper is written by Koush who takes care of Rom Manager, so you are supporting the dev using only Bootstrapper.

Blabomb

Reaction score
Ok I am pretty sure I understand now :) And the link you gave me earlier was in the droid x forum does that mean I can't use any of those themes?

mkw87

Reaction score
Ok I am pretty sure I understand now :) And the link you gave me earlier was in the droid x forum does that mean I can't use any of those themes?

This is the link to the D2 ROM thread, he links to that themes thread from there. He makes ROMs for both phones, and the themes are compatible between each other for his ROM.

Take a look in that thread, bc the 2nd post has a link to the Goodies.zip update that gives you battery % numbers on the batter in the top bar.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I'm using fission. I just got a d2 a couple of days ago and wanted to get rid of blur, so I went with fission and so far its been great. Rock solid