What procedures do you have to do to change micro SD card and retain current data?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
plug your old sd into a computer (using an adapter), copy the data on it to the computer, remove the old sd and insert the new one to the computer, format to fat32 (if it isnt already), copy the data from your old card onto the new one, remove the new sd from the computer and put it into your phone and boot it up. if all went well, you shouldnt notice anything different (except for speed, if you got a faster sd).

OP
P

papat912

Reaction score
This is very strange, that when I copy files from the file on the laptop to the micro SD card the files don't show up on the micro SD card, but when I try to copy them again it ask if I want to replace them and the folder is showing empty. What could be going on?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i would format it and try to copy the files again.
i have seen this issue in the past from cheap/fake cards bought from ebay and amazon, other than that, im not sure what the issue could be.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i can only suggest that the card is defective. there is no other logical explanation that i know of.

OP
P

papat912

Reaction score
Still strange, because not all folders or files do this. That why I'm saying that the new card is not defective.

OP
P

papat912

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. After testing my Kington MicroSD card had some bad sectors, so I sent it back.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
no problem :) glad you got it figured out, even if that meant the card was bad :(

OP
P

papat912

Reaction score
As I said earlier, I sent the Kingston card back and ordered the SanDisk Ultra 64 MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card. After receiving it I tested it as I did the Kingston, and SanDisk had no problems and I copied my 32GB to the 64GB with no problems. Thanks again for the heads up. I can't understand why someone told me to stay away from SanDisk products.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Glad you were able to sort it out. Just a side note if you have an adapter you can skip a step by plugging it in to the PC with the new card, then hooking up your phone to the PC, and just copying them straight from one SD to the other (instead of copying them to the PC first, then over to the new SD). This is what I usually do and I haven't had any problems yet.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
As I said earlier, I sent the Kingston card back and ordered the SanDisk Ultra 64 MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card. After receiving it I tested it as I did the Kingston, and SanDisk had no problems and I copied my 32GB to the 64GB with no problems. Thanks again for the heads up. I can't understand why someone told me to stay away from SanDisk products.

i have only bought sandisk, and never had an issue, been running 64g ultra chips for over a year.