What prevents Market from notifying about updates???

kevinkar

Reaction score
GRRRR.

Every now and then I realize I'm not getting the icon in the notification bar telling me there are updates from the Android Market. When I check, sure enough there are a bunch of apps that have updates. So I update them if necessary.

Then I double check the market settings and see it's indeed set to check for and notify me of updates so I unset it and reset it and over the next few days or a week it acts normally.

THEN, several days later it does it all over again.

WHY???? It's just a bit odd and annoying because it's consistently inconsistent.

Just wondering if anyone has some ideas.

Thanks,

Kevin

eurosteve

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

RobzB33zy

Reaction score
Im having the same problem too. Im assuming there is an app that we can use with a notification push rather than the one built in but im not sure what itvwould be

MadCruzer

Reaction score
I've had the same issue forever. If I reboot the phone I get one notification then never again unless I go in to Market and go to My Apps. So I just get used to doing that periodically now.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've noticed that too...the update notification has never worked for me either. Except, sometimes when I go check for updates, THEN the little update notification icon will appear in my taskbar...as the new updates are downloading. But never have I seen it appear any other time on it's own.

Rocko

Reaction score
It must be an X thing. Update notification works great on Droid 2.

YSHDT

Reaction score
This has been happening to my phone aswell the past 2 months. Worked fine when I first purchased the phone in december. Maybe an app weve d/ld.

D Incredible

Message has been Stealthed

OP
kevinkar

kevinkar

Reaction score
I'll also point out that WeatherBug seems to be missing updates all the time too and I have it set to update every hour. It also appears to just fail for no reason. Just checked it though and it updated only 6 minutes ago! That's after yesterday not updating since the night before!

Could very well be something else that was updated or installed.

Rocko

Reaction score
Its just like the backlighting of the hard keys, been a bug forever.

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
I manually check for updates often & notice that I'll only get an update notification after I begin updating. Annoying.

NAM2212

Reaction score
Same problem with mine. I just try to remember to manually check every week.