What prerequisite OS is needed to install GPA18

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by toyotaking88, Oct 24, 2011.

1. toyotaking88

toyotaking88 New Member

Hey guys I have had my OG Droid sitting on the shelf for awhile because I have been using a DX1 but I updated it to the OTA Gingerbread update and I lost 75% of my signal and is now practically useless to me so I am reverting back to my Milestone. I am wanting to run the new GPA18 on my OG Droid but when I try to run the GPA18 update.zip that I downloaded to the root on my sd card but it will not finish the update process. I am currently on 2.2.1 Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 and I know I probably need to update to a newer OS before I can install the GPA18 but I cannot find which OS I need to go to before I can get the GPA18 to install. I appreciate the help in advance guys. I hope this isnt a stupid question, I have searched forums and google but I cant find much info on the new BB. Thanks for the help and Pete I love the BB roms they are awsome!
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

You first need to get onto the GB tree from Froyo. I believe you need to flash (update.zip) FRG83dd. That's the rooted stock version of GB, and then you can update.zip GPA18.
  3. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Just wipe data/cache, boot, and system through your recovery and flash it. Its much simpler then the DX

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. toyotaking88

toyotaking88 New Member

Ok I tried to find FRG83DD and came up with nothing did you mean FRG83D, I think that is what you meant. And 666 I have ClockworkMod Recovery V2.5.0.1 I have the options
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition

I did the wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache and then installed the update GPA18 and now I am seeing clockwork mod V3.1.0.2 at the top of my recovery screen.
    then I booted my phone up and it is still on 2.2.1 so I turned it off and booted back into recovery and it is back to clockwork mod V2.5.0.1
  5. toyotaking88

toyotaking88 New Member

Well I managed to get GPA16 to install now I am going to give GPA18 a shot and see if I can get it to work. I am going to go ahead and wipe data and cache before I try 18. I have another question what is the difference in wiping data/factory reset and wiping cache?
  6. Tabs

Tabs New Member

I did as close to a clean install as I think you can get for GPA18 today - I SBF'ed back to 2.2.2 Froyo with the FRG22D file, rooted it, installed ROM Manager, flashed Clockword Recovery and then installed BB/GPA18. Seems to have worked fine - I don't think you have to be on another Gingerbread ROM first.
  7. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

What I normally do is wipe data/cache, the I go to the partitions menu and wipe boot and system. Then I reboot recovery as I've heard that clears out some more files, that's through advanced menu in CWR. Then you just install the zip. On a droid x there are certain requirements that need to be met for some roms like being on a certain update but since the OG is much more open you could go from an eclair rom to a ginger bread rom with just a couple partition wipes. Hope that clears things up

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums