1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What prerequisite OS is needed to install GPA18

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by toyotaking88, Oct 24, 2011.

1. toyotaking88

toyotaking88 New Member

Hey guys I have had my OG Droid sitting on the shelf for awhile because I have been using a DX1 but I updated it to the OTA Gingerbread update and I lost 75% of my signal and is now practically useless to me so I am reverting back to my Milestone. I am wanting to run the new GPA18 on my OG Droid but when I try to run the GPA18 update.zip that I downloaded to the root on my sd card but it will not finish the update process. I am currently on 2.2.1 Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 and I know I probably need to update to a newer OS before I can install the GPA18 but I cannot find which OS I need to go to before I can get the GPA18 to install. I appreciate the help in advance guys. I hope this isnt a stupid question, I have searched forums and google but I cant find much info on the new BB. Thanks for the help and Pete I love the BB roms they are awsome!
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

You first need to get onto the GB tree from Froyo. I believe you need to flash (update.zip) FRG83dd. That's the rooted stock version of GB, and then you can update.zip GPA18.
  3. 666ogre666

666ogre666 New Member

Just wipe data/cache, boot, and system through your recovery and flash it. Its much simpler then the DX

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. toyotaking88

toyotaking88 New Member

Ok I tried to find FRG83DD and came up with nothing did you mean FRG83D, I think that is what you meant. And 666 I have ClockworkMod Recovery V2.5.0.1 I have the options
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition

I did the wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache and then installed the update GPA18 and now I am seeing clockwork mod V3.1.0.2 at the top of my recovery screen.
    then I booted my phone up and it is still on 2.2.1 so I turned it off and booted back into recovery and it is back to clockwork mod V2.5.0.1
  5. toyotaking88

toyotaking88 New Member

Well I managed to get GPA16 to install now I am going to give GPA18 a shot and see if I can get it to work. I am going to go ahead and wipe data and cache before I try 18. I have another question what is the difference in wiping data/factory reset and wiping cache?
  6. Tabs

Tabs New Member

I did as close to a clean install as I think you can get for GPA18 today - I SBF'ed back to 2.2.2 Froyo with the FRG22D file, rooted it, installed ROM Manager, flashed Clockword Recovery and then installed BB/GPA18. Seems to have worked fine - I don't think you have to be on another Gingerbread ROM first.
  7. 666ogre666

666ogre666 New Member

What I normally do is wipe data/cache, the I go to the partitions menu and wipe boot and system. Then I reboot recovery as I've heard that clears out some more files, that's through advanced menu in CWR. Then you just install the zip. On a droid x there are certain requirements that need to be met for some roms like being on a certain update but since the OG is much more open you could go from an eclair rom to a ginger bread rom with just a couple partition wipes. Hope that clears things up

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums