What phones you looking at?

Rogue27

Reaction score
Its good to know i have a stalker. Ur not that interesting to follow. Still do work for vzw. Moved from customer service to sales with fiance still in customer service so getting news from both ends. Im sure someone feels pretty dumb. Feel free to keep following me though ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

vurabla

Reaction score
Not a stalker I was only trying to find some info on you that's all. Nothing harmless. My fiance is a teacher but the fact of the matter is there are several new phones that are going to be changing a lot of what we already know with phones

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

citronbull

Reaction score
I love my Droid X but I would consider upgrading to the dual core processors like the Bionic or Atrix. My wife likes the Sony Experia Arc, I hope Verizon gets that.

Technoman

Reaction score
Didn't I either read or see a report that stated Moto is going to unlock the phones going forward?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Didn't I either read or see a report that stated Moto is going to unlock the phones going forward?

No Moto never said this. They said they would work with the developers in some way. Which probably means nothing...

vurabla

Reaction score
Yes that is the point of the new gingerbread software loaded on most of the new releasing devices. So when it comes down to it when you get the new phone you want later on your phone will have the capability to have custom roms right out of the box.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Yes that is the point of the new gingerbread software loaded on most of the new releasing devices. So when it comes down to it when you get the new phone you want later on your phone will have the capability to have custom roms right out of the box.

What? Could you explain that to me... sorry

chefb

Reaction score

No Moto never said this. They said they would work with the developers in some way. Which probably means nothing...

I agree they said they would work with the developers. Back to the phone topic, I like moto!
Locked boot loader or not. Seems they try to build a " imaginary protective fence" around the bootloader ,but the fence doesn't seem to be too high. As long as the keep the fence "hoppable " its all good.

turdbogls

Reaction score

same here...just b/c the phone has GB stock, means nothing in terms of an open bootloader.

as for customization, maybe there is something i dont know, but i had a the original droid, which is as open as a phone could be. the ONLY thing my Droid X cant do that the OG drid could, was get the latest software earlier than it is released. other than that, i have a custom ROM, overclocking, themes, wifi tether and pretty much everything i want on my phone other than gingerbread.

MrKleen

Reaction score

I agree they said they would work with the developers. Back to the phone topic, I like moto!
Locked boot loader or not. Seems they try to build a " imaginary protective fence" around the bootloader ,but the fence doesn't seem to be too high. As long as the keep the fence "hoppable " its all good.

Sounds good to me... how do we hop over the locked bootloader? How do we get that custom kernel loaded that allows us to load "real" Roms?

At this time there is no hopping this fence... :( And Motorola isn't about to give us a hand over their fence.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed! "Custom ROMs right out of the box" is incorrect. The OG Droid couldn't even do that.

same here...just b/c the phone has GB stock, means nothing in terms of an open bootloader.

as for customization, maybe there is something i dont know, but i had a the original droid, which is as open as a phone could be. the ONLY thing my Droid X cant do that the OG drid could, was get the latest software earlier than it is released. other than that, i have a custom ROM, overclocking, themes, wifi tether and pretty much everything i want on my phone other than gingerbread.

DroidForums Junkie!!

chefb

Reaction score
How much more custimization are you looking for? And what to you mean "real roms?" Darslide,Apex,liberty,fission,tranquility, gummyjar,rubix,obsidian,......all real ! all heavilly customized. Only a "small fence" will allow that much freedom.

MrKleen

Reaction score
How much more custimization are you looking for? And what to you mean "real roms?" Darslide,Apex,liberty,fission,tranquility, gummyjar,rubix,obsidian,......all real ! all heavilly customized. Only a "small fence" will allow that much freedom.

Don't feel like taking the time explaining. The Roms that are out are fun and all, and if you are happy with their limitations that's all that matters!