What phones you looking at?

Desicrator

Reaction score
With the Moto Bootloader Issue most likely not going to be resolved on the DX I am looking else were for phones. (I get to use my mom's contract upgrade,the last one since the change) She said she will take my DX since she doesn't do the customizations!!

After playing with my GF's HTC Evo I realized the customizations that can be done. Since the DX was my first Android I never really realized the level of customization it restricted.

Since there has been talks in the forums about people ditching Moto, What Phones are you looking at right now?

I realize that there is Tegra 2 on the way, but I would rather get one before then, also I'm sure they are going to take advantage of that being the First one of its kind :)icon_eek:cha-ching:icon_eek:).
Thing that bums me out about leaving Moto is the community here is great, (but hey maybe we will end up moving together, maybe i'll see you at Cyanogen).

and obviously I have big red.
(Sorry about all the spaces help organize my thoughts)

TL;DR Leaving Bootlocked DX soon what phones look good?

CxUNG

Reaction score
Nexus S ? Fcc &+ its 3G.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

vurabla

Reaction score
There are going to be several new phones being released with Verizon. There is going to be a couple new Moto droids including the Droid Bionic along with one other which is TBA. One other is going to be the HTC Thunderbolt. Both of the phones listed are going to be modify prodigies which will turn the phone world upside down

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Rogue27

Reaction score
I think "turn the phone world upside down" is very over dramatic. Seeing the leaked pics of the phones seems like they r just verizons versions of the evo. Nobody has really listed any features that are out of this world on these new phones other than them being 4g which most people wont even be able to take advantage of for another year or two when 4g becomes available in more cities

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

vurabla

Reaction score
I have information about both of these phones that will definitely be an industry changer. Larger memory capacity, higher screen resolution then 95% of the phones out there. Also first ever for vzw having the ability for data plus voice simultaneously and I know failing orange does the same thing. Also in the fact that vzw is going to have several million customers covered by the end of april means 4g will be utilized more than you think.

Rogue27

Reaction score
Yeah all thats fine and dandy but mind blowing. I dobt think so. And where r u getting ur ibfo about 4g being implemented to that many customers. I work for vzw so does my fiance. We just went through training neither of which stated anytging other than it being verizons "goal" yo have 4g implemented in most markets by the end of 2013 definately not april

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
By 2013, everywhere that is 3G now, will be 4G. "Millions by April" is possible.

Yeah all thats fine and dandy but mind blowing. I dobt think so. And where r u getting ur ibfo about 4g being implemented to that many customers. I work for vzw so does my fiance. We just went through training neither of which stated anytging other than it being verizons "goal" yo have 4g implemented in most markets by the end of 2013 definately not april

DroidForums Junkie!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Oh my god, where do i start?

SDXC Support?
True ddr-2 667 ram, instead of archaic sdram at 133 mhz. They could give us 256 MB instead of 512 and it would still outperform the fastest current phone by leaps and bounds.
Dual core 1 ghz, and i personally am expecting (maybe a bit too much too soon) a dual core TI based droid 3 by the end of the year.
Android 2.3 support
And did someone mentioned no more locked bootloaders?

I will be happy with my droid 2 global until, lets say until 4G is widely available and these new dual core systems can be worked on a bit. Im almost sure there will be unforseen bumps in the road as it gets phased in.

Who could take a guess as to how long it would take google and the android community to learn to work with a dual core set up?

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

vurabla

Reaction score
I also work with you at VZW. But remember you just said in one of your posts you just quite so which is it. Do you or do you not work for big red

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm a RSR myself :)

I also work with you at VZW. But remember you just said in one of your posts you just quite so which is it. Do you or do you not work for big red

DroidForums Junkie!!

vurabla

Reaction score
The palm beaches what about yourself

MrKleen

Reaction score
I agree with the original poster. So in order to get past the locked bootloader new Motorola phones are not an option. Actually you can choose just about any phone but Motorola.

I am interested in the new Thunderbolt which has lots of ram.

It's too bad that Motorola has taken a stance against us. My Droid 1 was awesome and its too bad they crippled all their phones following it.

Since Verizon doesn't have the Nexus S I would probably go with HTC. Sense UI is much better than Blur also.

In the near future the Thunderbolt might be a good option if you want the freedom Motorola denies us.