What phone will you be ditching for the beast?

alucard9114

Reaction score
Droid one here will be selling it for 100 bones to take some of the hit of the 300 dollar price tag wish i had money like some of you who have a spare DX D1 thunderbolt and droid 3 just laying around:)

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I'll be ditching the DX . But I wonder what the "beast" will be in a year... When I'm eligible

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Droid Pro, stock. But I'm 50/50 on whether to trust another Moto device. If they'd released the thing in August it would've been a done deal. Now, if the Samsung device being released is the S2, I think I might have to go that direction. I don't mind Blur, but I am getting sick and tired of crashes, reboots, and pauses. Moto lost credibility when they released a "business device" that: has a marginal keyboard, didn't do quotes properly; didn't actually push Corp email; and still hasn't gone to GB. On the positive note, the Droid Pro was a great device to wean me off the physical keyboard. So even if I go Samsung, I owe Moto that much.

Edi

Reaction score
I'll be upgrading from the D1, it's been a great device but it's definitely showing its age. :)

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I'll be throwing the worse phone I've ever had in my entire life (and I had a BB Storm 1) against the wall the same day that this phone comes out. Droid Charge. Biggest POS EVER!!!!

Well, maybe I won't throw it against the wall, but I'll definitely be selling it to Sell and Recycle Used Electronics - Gazelle

JimJ

Reaction score
D1

Got my D1 the day they went on sale last November. 4G arrived in my town this week, so I am chomping at the bit to see that release date!

JWellington

Reaction score
With news of a Droid HD, I feel this is rapidly becoming a "what phone will you ditch the 'beast' for? "
I hear the nexus prime is on it's way to verizon in october too...Bionic....it's really too bad....

Swyped from my DROIDX from Tapatalk.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
With news of a Droid HD, I feel this is rapidly becoming a "what phone will you ditch the 'beast' for? "
I hear the nexus prime is on it's way to verizon in october too...Bionic....it's really too bad....

And 3 months later it will be "what phone will you ditch the nexus prime for?" There is ALWAYS going to be the "next best thing;" eventually you'll have to buy one of the phones or just keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I have been on these forums a long time and it is VERY rare that any phone comes out when the first rumors appear. The Nexus out in October; I doubt we will see it before December...just saying. We have seen how long the Bionic took to come out and yet we hear rumors of these other phones and immediately accept the first delivery date? Doesn't make sense to me.

pdc419

Reaction score
I think everyone needs to ask themeselves which phone will still be somewhat relevant for the 2 years after they get it. What will be able to hold up the newer operating systems as they are released. Because, as it was pointed out, something bigger and badder is always only a couple months away.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JWellington

Reaction score
While it is true that another phone is always on the horizon, we always seek to maximize our purchases. You only have to wait a little longer before much better phones arrive, so why not? Big releases aren't linear like that so at some point you'll get maximum bang for your buck in terms of features and hardware.

Swyped from my DROIDX from Tapatalk.