What phone will you be ditching for the beast?

JWellington

Reaction score
Giving the girlfriend the droid 3 and taking her upgrade to get this one or the g2

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

By G2 I sincerely hope you mean Galaxy S2 and not the T-Mobile G2, lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Droid 1 that I bought November 6th 2009 :)

chukeee

Reaction score
I went through 3 D1 phones when it first came out. Static in every last one of them. So I pretty much gave up on Motorola. I know they probably improved it on the new phones but that killed it for me. Staying with my Thunderbolt. Love the kickstand on it and never had static on phone calls.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JWellington

Reaction score
I am eligible right now. Waiting for the Bionic or Galaxy 2. If the Bionic has a locked bootloader like my X1, it's goodbye Moto!

Sent from my Droid X running Darkslide 4.2

+1
I'm not getting another Motorola phone with a locked bootloader and possibly risking not getting native ROMS;

Coming from the mighty Droid X

leonard

Reaction score
Probably this X2, if the music issues this one has aren't present.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

corymcnutt

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Storm2, so this phone can't come out fast enough for me! I have actually had about as good of an experience as you could with a Storm2. I am really looking for a FASTER browser experience and a BIG screen so I can read better. Moto always had a good reputation for radio/signal strength and build quality, so I am excited about the Bionic...I am a little nervous jumping from BB OS to Android; I am VERY comfortable with the OS and the screens/menus, but I am sure I will adjust.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
From a BB 9650. I as well and comfortable with the BB OS but look forward to a major change in browser viewing and bigger screen..a couple years ago BB had an edge in the messaging and email side of things but I feel everybody is on equal playing field now as far as that goes. BB has ALWAYS been behind in multi media though..

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll learn the basics of Android fairly quickly. I think I was well versed in it within 2 weeks of buying the original Droid(I came from a Razr). I was modding everything I wanted to change by week 3. Although I do have a background in computer software, but with the apps these platform designers create, it quickly becomes very easy to make your phone, your phone.

The best thing to start with is reading these forums for apps you "Must" have, there's always the top 10 list that are essential to most users. I know reading those helped me a great deal. Once you've fiddled around with the essentials, you'll realize what you still need, then you can sift through the apps section looking for exactly what you need to perfect your device to your needs.

The first month of a new device is always exciting, one of the most important things is going slowly, take notice of what other people are doing, learn each process thoroughly so that you may get the most out of each app you decide upon.

I can't tell you how many apps I use on a daily basis that I learned about from seeing someone using it on this forum, there's a wealth of knowledge to take in, be sure to take advantage of it.

lssanjose

Reaction score
You'll learn the basics of Android fairly quickly. I think I was well versed in it within 2 weeks of buying the original Droid(I came from a Razr). I was modding everything I wanted to change by week 3. Although I do have a background in computer software, but with the apps these platform designers create, it quickly becomes very easy to make your phone, your phone.

The best thing to start with is reading these forums for apps you "Must" have, there's always the top 10 list that are essential to most users. I know reading those helped me a great deal. Once you've fiddled around with the essentials, you'll realize what you still need, then you can sift through the apps section looking for exactly what you need to perfect your device to your needs.

The first month of a new device is always exciting, one of the most important things is going slowly, take notice of what other people are doing, learn each process thoroughly so that you may get the most out of each app you decide upon.

I can't tell you how many apps I use on a daily basis that I learned about from seeing someone using it on this forum, there's a wealth of knowledge to take in, be sure to take advantage of it.

+1

Sent from my Incredible

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I have been drooling over this phone for what seems like a year. I currently have in my kitchen draw a D1, DX, had a TB but (gladly sold it). IF this phone actually does launch *lol*, my D3 will be thrown into the spare pile.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Ditching is such a harsh word, that is not what I'll be doing with my OG running BB. More like handing down, my mom wants to learn how to use a smartphone, and this beast is durable and perfect for her, it's funny she would end up getting it, I used her upgrade to get it, although, she used mine earlier that year whilst I waited, which was totally worth it. Should have considered letting her use mine again to get her in on the unlimited data, but I didn't think it would take Motorola and Verizon a year to bring the Bionic to market.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Original Droid. It's beaten up pretty well but, still works great. I'm all set on the new every 2 and ready and waiting on the Bionic. Been running CM7 but jumped ship for Steel Droid 8.0 due to WiFi bugs on CM7. I can say that I do not "need" a new phone but, as others have said. can't see myself sticking with tech for a very long period of time.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Original droid x. I was going to get the bionic anyway, but gingerbread really messed up my phone. If something like this happens to the bionic when they upgrade, I'll change to a galaxy s2 or vigor.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

schoolyard

Reaction score
Getting rid of D1 here,the thing feels like a brick and I never used the mobile keyboard one time.