What phone were you using previously?

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by JohnDroid, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BB and dumb phone going for the tie.

2. jrod1990

jrod1990 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Moto Krazar in Chrome

3. toddj

toddj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used several phones in my past, and this one takes the cake. The droid was my first ever smart phone and I'm glad i waited out for such a good one :)

I started with a dingy samsung flip phone on verizon. You know, the free ones. Then I got tired of it and accidentally broke it. So then I got a downgrade to this even bigger LG flip phone, also on verizon. After that I decided to start on my own plan when I reached the age to sign a contract, and went with Cellular One and got the motorola slvr. It was my first camera phone.

After about a year I decided to go back to verizon and I got the motorola KRZR (hunk of junk if you ask me). I had that one replaced twice due to hardware issues before finally trying to get my hands on a used phone. The samsung alias was a decent phone, small keyboard and a little annoying to try and type on sometimes, but it worked. Then I went up to the highest-end dumb phone I could find, the env Touch. It was a great phone and I didn't have to pay for a data plan.
    A few months later, my mom got the droid and I had to have it once I tried it out.

I paid full retail price for the phone on amazon. I still think it was worth the journey to get here for this awesome phone :)

4. IcyDroid

IcyDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Came from a Moto Q, good old Windows Mobile.

5. nkcavs23

nkcavs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    iphone. it would be VERY close to what id keep if iphone came to verizon

6. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Active Member

Ratings:
    +51
    It's interesting to see how much the iPhone number has gone recently. I guess people are coming off their AT&T contracts.

7. orthocoder

orthocoder Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Came from a Omnia and was looking at a touch pro 2, then Droid came out and TP2 was not even a distant memory........

8. s3t0

s3t0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    VX10000 Voyager
    great phone for its time!

9. dustyfeathers

dustyfeathers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's Me....The Phone Ho

Hello! New here....but want to say THANK YOU to everyone. I can't believe how very helpful and kind you are to us newbies!

Here is the brief (and somewhat sordid) tale of my obsession with phones. Prior to May '09 I had a variety of dumb phones.

--> May.................EnV3 (I thought this phone was sooooo sexy) Who needs all that xtra data package crap anyway. Texting is still sooo new for me! I'll never need to open attachments in emails and who cares about MMS. I'll have this phone FOREVER! Crackberries are for the lame workaholics with no life.....haha-would suck to be them.
    3 weeks later the EnV Touch came out. It was everything I had ever wanted in a phone. OMG. I must have it! It's even sexier than the EnV3.

-->June......EnV Touch: I talked my roomie into switching from ATT to Verison and they told her she could get an EnV Touch with her new 2 year contract. I told her I'd "give" her my Env 3 plus $50 and I'd take the EnV Touch. She fell for it - (snort) Er....she agreed. I did love this phone for the 3 months I had it. I began to see the allure of a data package and soon my 450 minute plan swelled to a 900 minute plan with unlimited text and data. Sigh.

-->September......Blackberry Curve 8330: Ok. I have gone to the dark side. I started a new business that will require me to open lots of emails with attachments. My Touch won't do that. What to do?! So, I listed my EnV Touch for trade for a Blackberry. Ended up trading it for working relatively new 8330's. Good bye my friend. Good bye! I will truly miss you you. This Blackberry isn't you, but it will do! I thought Blackberries were more fun than this. Harrumph.

-->January 2010....Motorola Droid: OMG. Now THAT is one sexxxy phone! Look what it can do! Drooooolll. Research. Research. Drool. Research. Holy Schnikes...look at the price. Can't afford that. Wow.

I got bold and posted a CL ad saying I'd pay $225 for a new Droid. Ya, like anyone I'd wanna meet would have one to sell at that price. Lo and Behold, someone did! An older gentleman had one that he didn't want. At 73 he decided his Palm was as much phone as he could handle and he wanted to get what cash he had paid out of pocket for the Droid. O Lucky Me! For $225 I have a Droid that was used for 4 days. Sold both 8330's for $145 each, so I am technically ahead by $55 overall.

So here we are....spending more time than what would be considered "normal" on this board having fun and learning about what my wonderful new phone can do.

Hopefully, this is the end of my phone obsession. Please God...let it be the end! I look forward to my long evenings in front of the computer reading DroidForums. I don't wanna ever leave!

10. mfdemby

mfdemby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    went from a Moto Q to the Droid. Saved my life!!! I was about to jump from a window from frustration!!!

11. mrnachocheese

mrnachocheese New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cam from the LG Voyager, and my wife had the Samsung Instinct from Sprint. I got the Droid and she got the Eris.

12. victoriac

victoriac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had an iphone, but left AT&T due to sick of getting dropped/failed/lost calls. Verizon is the most reliable network in my area. I tried a Blackberry Curve, didn't like it. I tried the Palm Pre Plus and liked it but couldn't handle the little keyboard or the small screen. So finally went to the Droid and loved it. Sold my iphone for $400 and haven't looked back!

Search tags for this page

data plans for krazar