What phone were you using previously?

sockmess

Reaction score
the model that came out before the Samsung Alias... they are both the same thing but i think the alias had just better keys.

DC4MVP

Reaction score
VX8300 by LG.

One of the best phones ever made. Nearly indestructable.

Kimberlee

Reaction score
I've used Palm Treo smartphones for years. My latest was the 755p, and previous to that was the 650. I've been a fan of the Palm OS for years, and was saddened when the Palm OS was abandoned in favor of the WebOS. Planned on getting a Palm Pre when the time came, but when I looked at the display model, I hated the keyboard. All clicky and poppy -- felt like bubbles with air pockets underneath. Not what I expected at all, and nothing like the keyboard I loved on my Treo.

Fortunately, my brother had purchased his Droid when it first came out, and I remember him telling me how much he liked it. I also had a friend that had mentioned he also had a Droid and it had a ton of free open-source software. So....I took a look at the Droid. Looked at the BB Storm 2 too, but didn't like the on-screen keyboard only. The Droid however was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The great thing is, the longer I own it, the more I like it.

I also didn't realize how far behind the times my beloved Palm Treo was, specifically with web browsing. I got accustomed to using a service called Skweezer, which condensed web pages down so they will load faster (and in many cases prevent a web page from overloading the Blazer web browser causing my Treo to freeze or reboot). In comparison, the Droid loads up web pages in a flash, and renders them sooooo much better. The difference is amazing.

All in all, the Droid has been a winner thus far, IMHO.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Env2. Before that Razr. Would have fallen into iPhone hell if not for my Verizon contract. At first that was frustrating but what a blessing in disguise it turned out to be! Droid is the best gadget I've ever owned.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samnsung Omnia 1. I still got all my old phones: Omnia 1, Samsung Alias, Motorola E815. The E815 was the best working non-smartphone phone I had as far as reception, listening to mp3's, speaker volume, themes. If the charging port didnt keep getting broke off, I might be still running it waiting for my upgrade from Verizon.

OP
E

EvilWays

My transition to the Droid took me through a laundry list of phones. I was a palm faithful for years starting with the Treo 300. I owned ever palm OS Treo produced and starting with the 700 noticed a decline in quality. I replaced my 755p with the pre the day it came out. Early Pres were plagued with issues including screen that twisted like oreos. I picked up the hero not too long after the pre and was immediately dissapointed with it. The screen was too small and low Res just didn't work. The hero lasted a week before I picked up the moment. I was actually pretty content with the moment but sprint started being stupid and the seemingly lack of support or updates for the device made me take the jump off the bandwagon and hop over to Verizon. I picked up my Droid, rooted and installed some cooked roms about 3 days after getting her and I've been happy as a pic in poop sisnce