What phone to get...

cleave

Reaction score
I'm ready for an upgrade, just don't know what phone to get. Have verizon service, would like to stay with android platform, but really not sure what phone to get. I'm a little hesitant to get anything with 4g because of the battery issues (at least that's what most of the reviews say). Was thinking about the x2? Really want something with a 4.3 screen (bad eyes) and don't need a physical keyboard. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you checked the phones out at the store?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Well the droid x2 is what you would want if you need a 4.3 inch good battery life phone.

The Charge, TB, and Revo are good 4G phones, and the D3 is a great qwerty phone.

Its all preference.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Rhino94

Reaction score
I have the HTC thunderbolt and I love it. The battery isn't that bad you just have to know how to turn the internet off and on when your not using it and it saves a ton of battery. I haven't had any issues with this phone and I use it for music and it has great sound quality. I love the display on it even tho it isn't that bright but when your inside it looks great and feels amazing but it is a little heavier so it just takes a little getting use to. Verizon's 4G LTE is insanely fast and I couldn't believe how fast it loaded and downloaded things. It is computer speeds comparable alright.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
Well im a gamer and I've got a upgrade coming up too. I've decided to go with the playstion sony erricson xperia play don't get ne better than that. But like I said im a game not sure bout you there r so many choices......

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really want something with a 4.3 screen (bad eyes) and don't need a physical keyboard. Any suggestions?
Is that it for requirements? That really doesn't narrow things down much.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Bionic will be released in September and it's essentially an X2 with 4G LTE, a good battery(according to early reviews) and a few other goodies.

If you can wait 1 month, you will have an option to purchase a newly released phone that meets your requirements, even if the Bionic doesn't fit your personal tastes.

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
Is that it for requirements? That really doesn't narrow things down much.

Uhhh yeah...that's about it. Obviously it's a smartphone so I'm not going to list off all the
built in capabilities. Other than a ff camera (which I don't need), there's nothing else that I can think of that would be an option. Don't need 4g since it's not in my area (when it is, I'll get a 4g phone),however, if the phone comes with it, I won't be opposed to it (as long as it's not a battery hog). Really just want to be able to surf the internet (with flash), check facebook, take pics, text and make phone calls. Speed is important, but I'm assuming most new phones are faster than what I currently have.

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
The Bionic will be released in September and it's essentially an X2 with 4G LTE, a good battery(according to early reviews) and a few other goodies.

If you can wait 1 month, you will have an option to purchase a newly released phone that meets your requirements, even if the Bionic doesn't fit your personal tastes.

Thanks, I've actually been thinking about that. I just hope that it really comes out within 1 month.