What phone should I get?

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by bonomonster, Dec 10, 2011.

1. bonomonster

bonomonster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need some help trying to decide on a new verizon phone for my wife and one for myself. I was fairly up to date with features and amenities last year when I got my droid x but it seems like a lot has changed over the last 18 months or so. It's little daunting trying to compare all the phones out there now. Is the razor really worth the price difference over the bionic? And how about the droid pro which is free right now. I've been partial to Motorola because I've had good experiences with the last few phones we've had from them. How has everyone faired with other manufacturers? Sorry about the rant but I'm a little overwhelmed about everything on the market right now.

2. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    **grabs popcorn and waits for the fanboy hatewar**

In all seriousness unless you want the thinnest phone out then get the bionic and save some $$. If money isn't an issue get the razr. The razr is just an overclocked bionic with a nonremovable battery. I would stay away from 3g phones since you may be stuck with it for 2 years and 4g is blazing fast.

3. Tyler_C

Tyler_C Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also I have the bionic and it is very fast. I honestly couldnt imagine a big difference between the two, even though I didnt play with the razr

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Read, read, read....check out the forums for the trials and tribulations and praises of the T-Bolt, Bionic, Razr and Rezound owners. Read the reviews on the Verizon wireless site. Note the battery concerns, data dropouts and physical problems with the phones. (Just read stories about the Razr cracking easily because it is so thin). Hang on for a week until the Nexus arrives and compare.

5. Fr8Hauler

Fr8Hauler New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, read. The only dilemma, you'll be more confused than when you started...:blink: My OG Droid is dyeing a slow death, until today. My power button has almost completely failed. It is freezing, and I'm not even able to change roms. I have to do battery pulls to turn if off, and plug in the charger to turn it on... Man, I loved that phone. It was the Tank of phones.
    I've been waiting for the Nexus, but now that it is pushed off, I don't know what to do either. I do not like the RAZR, the display, shape, and lack of any bulk. IMO. Liked the bionic, but cannot have battery issues. Talked to an owner about the Tbolt, she was happy with charging 3 x's a day. :angry: :D I'm was liking the Rezound, then the opinions swing widely on that one.... I'm thinking IPhone. :frown:
    Good luck. Oh, not knocking any of these phones, I like to change the roms and play with them, but I believe that the above are all locked to some extent. Not an end mind you, just an annoyance.
    Waiting to see. :popcorn:

6. bonomonster

bonomonster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I completely agree. The more I read the more confused I get. I love my droid x and really would be happy if it had a front facing camera and 4g. My wife has a OG Droid but it cuts out during conversations to where she can hear everything but nobody can hear her. It also randomly calls people. And I don't mean "but dials" someone. The phone will be sitting on the coffee table by itself and out of know where it will light up and call someone. Its gotten to the point that we stare at it or put it in another room while having conversations or us time. I really don't want to go with an I-phone. Maybe i'll upgrade myself to a bionic and give her my droid x. Some how I don't think she'll count that as a christmas present to her though.

7. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    My best advice would be to just go to the store and play with the bionic rezound and the razr maybe even the bolt its working great after the gbread update.. and there pretty similar.. my coworker has the razr and is happy with it I see him charging the phone a lot but idc what phone ur going to get the battery life is going to be subpar.. also playing with multiple phones like the droid x bionic and razr.. then the bolt and the rezound u can see where the companys are headed and what UI u prefer and how they are changing there UI for better or worse

I don't have any experience with the bionic but some point for the razr its thin, light, great processor the main downpoint to me is nonremovable battery and its akwardly wide to hold and my hands are pretty big. The rezound is my favorite phone out right now its got a great hd screen also a great processor better camera than the razr and I like the feel in my hand a lot better...down side slightly smaller battery than the razr although its removable its a little thicker I like it.. but it might not be for u..

also I listen to music and could even use a extra pair of earbuds and tho beats are not the greatest there pretty nice addition and I just happen to like sense over moto's skin and I need a extended battery on my phone. But its all in what u like I would just go play with them and get what u like.. for ur girl the dinc2 would be a great phone my sis loves it way better than her old dx..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums