what phone should i get? getting a new phone...new a new phone asap

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Coulterjosh, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I am dependent every day on my phone for work and after i modded to cyanogen my phone has not been working properly. This morning i woke up and my phone said that the phone.exe was not working along with there was an incident that happened at work last night that i did not find out about until this morning when i got into work, so i am fed up with these issues so i am going to use my upgrade. What phone should i get in everyone's opinion? Droid Maxx, galaxy s4, htc one, or something else. Please help me out i dont know which one is better?

2. wcjeep

wcjeep Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Nothing is going to beat the Maxx battery life. Right now I'd look at the S4 or MotoX.

3. Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh Member

Ratings:
    +8
    now its between the lg g2 and the maxx whats are the pros and cons other than the $100 price difference

4. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Droid Maxx if you need insanely great battery life. Moto X if you want a smaller phone with great form. Both are almost identical software wise. I have both and it's hard deciding which one to use. If I had to pick one, it'd be the Maxx based solely on battery life.

5. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    I just upgraded from my Razr Maxx to the LG G2 and love it. I compared the new Droid Maxx, Galaxy S4 and the G2 and although it was a close race the G2 won and I am completely happy with it.

I almost jumped on the GS4 but decided not to after a few of my co workers were complaining that their batteries were close to dead at the end of out 10 to 12 hour shifts. I liked the ability to add an SD card and change batteries but that meant carrying an extra battery in my already full labcoat pockets.

The new Maxx is very nice and was in a dead neck and neck race with the G2. I liked the feel of the maxx, the reliability that I have come to know from Motorola and the fact that it is made in the USA but the screen on the G2 is gorgeous and my old eyes felt a lot more comfortable looking at the G2 than they did the Maxx. It didn't hurt that the G2 was listed at $49.00 ant the Maxx was at $149.00 which was also a big factor.

I have been getting two solid days of battery life with relatively moderate use on my new G2. Its been turned on since 5am today and I am at 76% battery. Just shy of 1 hour and 50 minutes of screen time with screen at 45% brightness.

The G2 camera is also great and does in fact take very good low light pictures. Sound quality over the phone and bluetooth are great. 4G signal in my home area is good and marginal at work. It does seem to pull a better signal than my Razr Maxx did.

SOme have reported difficulty with the "knock on/Knock off" feature for tapping the screen to turn the phone on and off. It works about 98% of the time for me and I love the feature.

The buttons on the back are not at all a problem for me and I got used to them after only a day.

I really love the G2

David

6. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Just an update CoulterJosh.... I have gone almost three days on my LG G2 without a charge and I am at 33% battery. Loving it!

David

7. Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Just a update for everyone I ended up getting the Samsung galaxy s4 so we should see how it goes thanks for all your help

8. chadwick108

chadwick108 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also upgraded from RAZR maxx to S4 and love it! I was a Motorola guy for years and still love my moto stuff but love my s4! I did end up getting some extra batteries before I started flashing a lot of roms...touchwiz a battery hog for sure but it has grown on me.
    Let us know what you like about your S4!

Currently running Mi1 safestrapped
    Eclipse Google play edition for better battery life and Google wallet (slot2)
    RLS10.2 hyperdrive for touchwiz features and call recording(slot 3)

9. Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh Member

Ratings:
    +8
    So far I love it. I was worried about the battery life but so far it hasn't been bad unless I play a game or something then it drains quickly but the phone is fast and very packed with features, I still don't know them all. I was really weary about not getting the Droid Max but other than the battery it really didn't have much to it. So, so far I'm satisfied with my choice it is a really nice device in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JDH

JDH Active Member

Ratings:
    +113
    People pug these after market apps on a phone and then blame the phone for their problems. I ha e had the RAZR maxx for 1 1/2 years, not one glitch.

11. philr

philr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL....same here....I even make phone calls on mine. :biggrin:

12. MarBearCat

MarBearCat Senior Member

Ratings:
    +177
    What about throwing the Nexus 5 into the argument? It's very powerful
    but the battery isn't up to the performance of the others mentioned here.

=^.".^=

Search tags for this page

razr maxx now, should i get moto x or droid maxx