What phone is better?

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
Nexus seems to be getting the majority here but what is ICS??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich, it's Android latest operating system.

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
:-/ harr harr harr

DancingRAZR

Reaction score
I have had all three phones and razr has the best battery life

Sent from my OG DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Flandry

Reaction score
You're blessed with several great choices and cursed by the fact that each is better at something. Because of this, there's real value in the suggestions by others that you go to a store and try them all out. In addition, because of the sizes and shapes of these phones, you may find something is just plain uncomfortable to hold even though you may like all the features. But as a primer:

If you like accessories, appreciate high quality build materials, want something super thin, want removable memory storage and don't mind a non-removable battery, look to the Droid RAZR. If you want all that and more battery and don't mind losing some thinness to get it, wait just a little longer for RAZR Max.

If you want the highest resolution screen, best camera, both removable storage and battery and like what Dr. Dre does with music, look to the HTC Rezound.

If you want a phone optimized for Google's newest version of Android, want the biggest screen and punchiest colors, want a removeable battery but don't mind non-removeable memory storage, don't want a phone manufacturer's modified user interface or apps permanently installed by Verizon and want the fastest updates to the Android operating system, look to Samsung's Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
THAT'S what I'm tlkn about thanks for the break down Flandry and everyone else!!
I was trying to get that kinda info but really needed a good break down on the kool stuff they could do.

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
Thnx for the awesome breakdown on the phones!

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
Anyone know when the Razr Max is gonna be out? How is the Bionic?

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
Srry it's the 26th I got it

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I've gotta say I'm looking at the Nexus. I have only known vanilla android seeing as how I started and stayed on the OG Droid. I don't want any skins from the OEM. Its what I'm used to. Lets be honest, do we really need removable memory anymore? Everything is cloud based. I don't even use the whole 16 GB on my phone now. To each their own though. NEXUS FTW

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
Speaking of removable memory, what if something (drop my phone, screen brks etc.) happens? How would I get my pictures n stuff from my phone? I dnt own a computer.?????

dietche

Reaction score
re: replace og droid

I too have an original Droid and I'm also due for an upgrade. It's been so very hard to even admit that. I feel like I'm abandoning a close friend.
*sigh* Anyway....

Whilst all the suggestions so far are indeed outstanding phones, one phone has been glaringly omitted. Namely, the Droid 4.

It has a keyboard (a *really* good one in fact, according to every review I've read) and if you are like me at all, after carrying the OG Droid for 2.5 years, and seeing how handy the dedicated keyboard is for composing texts, emails and working with the command line while carrying out various rooting procedures, I can't see how any of those other phones would do it for me. I routinely CURSE the onscreen KB of my wife's DroidX. (Her OG Droid died and she got the X as the warranty replacement. She still misses her OG, ALOT)

IMHO, the Droid 4 is the closest direct replacement for someone like us, fellow OG owner. It seems like it's the only one to truly carry on the OG Droid in both name and spirit.

Hope this helps, friend.
Best wishes;
--Dietche

OP
watts_saint

watts_saint

Reaction score
I love my Droid but the D4 hasn't really caught my attention, nothing has made it stand out IMO it just doesn't have any pop for me. Sad to admit that I really love my Droid and thus my current dilemma choosing a new phone aarrgggg. Moto Razr Maxx is pretty much caught my eye.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
None of the Motorola really satisfies me because of the locked bootloaders :\ I think I'll go with the Galaxy Nexus when my upgrade comes (next month :D)

Sent from my Motorola Droid 2 with CyanogenMod 7 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
None of the Motorola really satisfies me because of the locked bootloaders :\ I think I'll go with the Galaxy Nexus when my upgrade comes (next month :D)

Sent from my Motorola Droid 2 with CyanogenMod 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah..its def a nice phone..if you could deal with a nice 5mp cam, ICS, and a nice display..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums