What Phone Are You Upgrading From?

Harold Whitt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Welcome to the forum Harold and congrats on your new S5! Quite the step up from your BlackBerry I imagine. Enjoy!

tap'n on my S5
Having used a blackberry since 2005 it is a quantum leap. I never did try bb10 i just didn't really want to deal with the hassle. T mobile is my carrier, and well they had a falling out and do not sell blackberry any longer so i just jumped in with both feet. Good sized 4g LTE unlimited data plan though its throttled after reaching certain bench marks, Tmo hotspot..... Yeah I'm m loving it

Reactions: cr6

Jason Zok

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Past year I had Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, LG G2 ( worst phone I've owned never Hated a phone that much lol), iPhone 5S,

The S5 is by far the best phone I've had in a while

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Went into Best Buy this evening to look for a new printer and finally had a chance to spend some time with the G3. Beautiful device. Felt great in hand. The rear button setup would take a little getting used to but I can see the appeal. Nothing really stood out as far as the UI goes, but all the newer devices are so similar in that aspect I didn't really expect that to sway my opinion one way or the other.
Would I have purchased this device over my S5 had it been available at the time and side by side the way the S5 & M8 were? Ehhh....that's hard to say, probably not. Impressive nevertheless.

tap'n on my S5

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Based on s3 experience and play with s 4 their battery suck. Doesn't last longer then 6 hours . Your holding your breath if s5 last longer then 6 hours.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Droid Forums
You must be a heavy user. With the stock battery, when I put mine on the charger at night I've still got at least 20% left. I'm getting great battery life with my S4.

bswnyca

Reaction score
Gave up on droid maxx hd last year as I had major problems. went to galaxy s4 and like it but ready to upgrade. verizon is offering $99 for 2 yr contract and extra gigabyte of data for duration of contract thru september 1
so... should I go with LG G3 or stick with sammy & get s5? thanks

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You should probably go into Best Buy or your carrier and spend a little time with both of them. You really can't go wrong with either device so to be honest it's going to boil down to personal preference between these two models. The people that own the G3 love their device and the same goes for those that own the S5. I couldn't be happier my S5. Good luck with your decision!

tap'n on my S5

bswnyca

Reaction score
"I couldn't be happier my S5. Good luck with your decision! "

thanks I chose the S5 - and feeling good about my decision.

WTF??

Reaction score
Moved from HTC Rezound... my battery was expiring to its last life... and couldnt pass up BestBuy's sale + $50 gift card upgrade