What on Earth is PVWmdrmProxy, and why is it running in the background?

AK1901

Reaction score
Hi everyone, In the list of currently running programs on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 is PVWmdrmProxy. I'm looking for someone who knows this stuff well enough to tell me where it comes from, i.e. is it from the Android OS and therefore legit, or is it of questionable origin? I searched Google, and apparently plenty of others have seen it too on their phones, but no one gave a clear answer as to what it is. Thanks for the help!

rhodyvik

Reaction score
Hi everyone, In the list of currently running programs on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 is PVWmdrmProxy. I'm looking for someone who knows this stuff well enough to tell me where it comes from, i.e. is it from the Android OS and therefore legit, or is it of questionable origin? I searched Google, and apparently plenty of others have seen it too on their phones, but no one gave a clear answer as to what it is. Thanks for the help!

I have the same exact question as you do, and same problem with Google or even Bing. What does this apk actually do? I have no idea. Did you happen to find out AK1901? Thanks in advance.

Vik