What now after Root?

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
I have never modified an android phone before just to let you know . I have rooted my phone this morning and now i'm kind of wondering where to go from here. I assume I need a custome ROM and from what i read gapps?

I guess my questions is where do I find the latest CM ROMS and the GAPPS to match? I've looked around and i see CM 10.1 , but how stable is that. I really just need to know where to look for this info. Everytime I think i've found the latests i see other things.

I'm just looking for some guidence. I mean a working CM10 with the proper Gapps can be located where?

Just looking for help

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
Verizon. I just get confused and nervous because I'm not sure where to get the most current zip files. I like cm. I just need the two zip files

Jamis0n

Reaction score
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2053799

Current CM official nightlies.

Data started working on 12/24.

Read the change log and all info. So skim through most recent feeds for any current questions asked and answers made.

Gapps is in the build already to answer that question though.

Happy flashing!

-PM Galaxy Mod rls13
-imoseyon kernel/linaro build

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
yeah i would advise against any CM 10.1 ROMs currently they have been breaking things. Use the CM 10 stable or the AOKP milestone

including my own, not saying its doing it to all, but some yes.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Fish around the roms for now if necessary. I always fall in love with a certain one but it can be greener on the other side sometimes. Just have fun and flash away.

jamis0n df
jam.i.s0n xda

-PM Galaxy Mod rls13

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Well before you go flash crazy lets make sure you have the boot loader unlocked... Far to many people flash before completing all the steps....

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Well before you go flash crazy lets make sure you have the boot loader unlocked... Far to many people flash before completing all the steps....

Good pointer.

jamis0n df
jam.i.s0n xda

-PM Galaxy Mod rls13

clueless77

Reaction score
I know that feeling. When I was on my X I flashed everything that came out but in the end I stayed on the very last CM 7 kang . I'm loving AOKP just a little more modifications on it.

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
I have that ez bootloader is that enough before I flash a Rom. So really any stable 10.0 or the other aopk should be good enough. I just want to make sure I get the latest stable release that's all

clueless77

Reaction score
I have that ez bootloader is that enough before I flash a Rom. So really any stable 10.0 or the other aopk should be good enough. I just want to make sure I get the latest stable release that's all
wait what system version are you rooted on? 4.1.1 or 4.0.4 because ez bootloader will not work on 4.1.1 jellybean and I'm not sure about 4.0.4 ROMs but I'm sure someone can help. But yes if on 4.1.1 CM 10 stable and AOKP milestone are very good. Another question have you flashed a custom recovery?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If you have the EZ Unlock and it says you are unlocked you should be good.... Especially if you were on ICS pre root.... Also make sure you have installed a custom recovery either CWM or TWRP you can get either of them with EZ Recovery.... Then you will be ready

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
I rooted through 4.1.1 and used CWM. I used the ez unlock and it says it was successful . i also have my info backed up using titanium pro. I think i'm pretty much down to figuring out the ROM and google app zip files.

clueless77

Reaction score
I rooted through 4.1.1 and used CWM. I used the ez unlock and it says it was successful . i also have my info backed up using titanium pro. I think i'm pretty much down to figuring out the ROM and google app zip files.
just remember 4.1.x ROM use 4.1.2 gapps 4.2.x ROM 4.2.1 gapps