What new phone to get

Reaction score
I want to get a new phone tomorrow but not sure what to get. Right now I have the Razr Maxx. I really like the Droid Maxx but my problem is that its been out for almost a year now. Or do I go with the HTC one or Galaxy S4? Im not a fan of Iphone actually I do not like them at all. I have unlimited internet and would like to keep that cause I don't want to feel like Im held down with a cap on data even though Im not a heavy user. What do you guys recommend? Im still leaning towards the Maxx due to battery life. Any and all help will surely help. Thank you

jdd561

Reaction score
My Choice

I want to get a new phone tomorrow but not sure what to get. Right now I have the Razr Maxx. I really like the Droid Maxx but my problem is that its been out for almost a year now. Or do I go with the HTC one or Galaxy S4? Im not a fan of Iphone actually I do not like them at all. I have unlimited internet and would like to keep that cause I don't want to feel like Im held down with a cap on data even though Im not a heavy user. What do you guys recommend? Im still leaning towards the Maxx due to battery life. Any and all help will surely help. Thank you

I just 'upgraded' to a Moto X, thinking in the end I would keep my current Galaxy S4 and just sell the Moto X (got it free and kept my data plan). But after using the X for a few days now, I'm very close to just keeping it and selling the Galaxy. I don't notice the speed difference much - load times for the likes of Asphault 8 are a bit longer, doesn't affect gameplay - but I LOVE the form factor, how it feels in the hand, build quality, etc. I'm also learning more and more just 'neat' stuff I can do with it without hacks every day. Of course this only works if you don't mind the small-by-todays-standard screen - I know if feels better when I put it in my pocket!

OP
B
Reaction score
Just curious how did you get the x free and was able to keep data plan. Im assuming its unlimited. I was thinking of transferring my upgrade to my moms phone which is a dumb phone and getting a smartphone then changing it back to the dumb phone. I hear it works but my question is how? You cancel the new smartphone data doesn't that mean you are supposed to return the phone with out getting charged?

jdd561

Reaction score
I did just what you are talking about - upgraded a dumb phone...activated on that line...then transferred that phone to my unlimited line...and cancelled the data for the now dumphone-again line.

OP
B
Reaction score
wow now im excited. I don't know if I should wait for the new phones to come out now or go get the maxx. I figured they would charge you for it

jdd561

Reaction score
Ended up being a confluence of things working in my favor to get it. BestBuy had their $50 giftcard with a new smartphone promo which I had signed up for, and Verizon waived upgrade fees when going from a dumbphone to a smartphone, which I technically did. So I got the phone for $50 at bestbuy (really just paid ~$6 in tax), and Verizon waived the upgrade fee.