What new Droid to get?!

JasonPurp

Reaction score
Well I bought the Droid 1 in August and I can now get ANOTHER Droid whenever I want to, but I don't wanna be in the same position as last time where as soon as I get the new phone, it becomes outdated by another within a matter of weeks. So, which new Droid should I get? I don't have a lot of money, let's say it has to come out to about $120 MAXIMUM with a mail-in rebate and I think I get another $30 off, so that too.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Well I bought the Droid 1 in August and I can now get ANOTHER Droid whenever I want to, but I don't wanna be in the same position as last time where as soon as I get the new phone, it becomes outdated by another within a matter of weeks. So, which new Droid should I get? I don't have a lot of money, let's say it has to come out to about $120 MAXIMUM with a mail-in rebate and I think I get another $30 off, so that too.

From a *quality* standpoint, get the HTC Thunderbolt.

-Mike

A

abn75

Honestly, if you do not want to be in the position of you phone being "outdated" very soon after getting it, your best choice is to not get a new phone. Tech is outdated as soon as, if not before, it actually hits the market.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Honestly, if you do not want to be in the position of you phone being "outdated" very soon after getting it, your best choice is to not get a new phone. Tech is outdated as soon as, if not before, it actually hits the market.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2

Gotta agree. And "outdated" is really an opinion. I bought my Droid 1 a year ago and I'm still rockin' the hell out of it! While I may have the occasional urge to get something newer, I know for sure I'm not getting one until 4G becomes more of a reality in my area - which may be the early half of 2050. :)

No matter what you buy, SOMETHING more bad ass will hit within the next 1-6 months and make you regret not waiting.

dan.dar

Reaction score
Bionic cause of dual core and 960x540 resolution. The Bionic screen seems to be the best of all upcoming 4G android phones. I don't know what they are thinking sticking a smaller resolution (800x480) on 4.3" screen than we have on our 3.7" (854x480) screens now.

DebDroid

Reaction score
I am looking into the HTC Thunderbolt but I know it will be outdated before I get it. The Droid Bionic looks awesome too but.......I don't even use all those fancy specs. LOL I have the Droid 1 and it's still a great phone, my problem right now is, I don't have the space to run much. I can't even play youtube videos right now. =( I am up for an upgrade and mostly what I'm looking for is enough memory to run things smoothly.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still OG D1, rooted - I'm not making any move until I see the Bionic and D3. The TB looks like a real nice phone, but I thin it will be outdated once it's released, not only by the dual cores but by HTC itself.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see HTC releasing a dual core this year... haven't heard anything about them with a dual core device.... unless I've just totally missed it.

If they do I don't think it'll be until Q4 at least.

Moto has lost my attention... I'm curious to see LG's offering and Samsung's next offering... but it's all a waiting game :)

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I have a Vortex (yes, I know it is outdated, but it was free) and it is doing what I need it to. However, when I am able to upgrade in June, I was going to get a Droid Pro, but after being on this forum for a bit, I'm leaning towards the Bionic since we are due to get 4G in my area very soon.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've discussed phones, but I see you have $120 as the maximum. Than may limit your choices.

Reaction score
Verizon has 50$ rebate right now on DX. that would put u at 150$ You might check verizon, they told me I also had a 50$ new phone cred? But I was tryn to holdout for bionicdancedroid