What network problem?

tehpriest

Reaction score
Just posted this in the Milestone section.

For UK Milestone owners and those on Vodafone Germany, we apologise for the delay in the upcoming 2.1 upgrade. Issues occurred in testing on the networks and this has held up the process. We are now in final testing for the UK and assuming no further issues arise, this will be released next week.

Anyone have any idea as to what the "network problem" could be?

n_s_simpson

Reaction score
Hi, okay sounds like I should wait one more week before giving up and taking the phone back to The Carphone Warehouse.I have two issues using my UK phone on the original 2.0.1 OS:
1) Adding a second Google Mail account fails. Always says unable to access Google's server.
2) Problem with texts randomly deleting. I lost every single text and can't afford for this to happen again.
Thanks
Nick

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, okay sounds like I should wait one more week before giving up and taking the phone back to The Carphone Warehouse.I have two issues using my UK phone on the original 2.0.1 OS:
1) Adding a second Google Mail account fails. Always says unable to access Google's server.
2) Problem with texts randomly deleting. I lost every single text and can't afford for this to happen again.
Thanks
Nick

Nick, I've never had the random text issue on my Droid but I do use handcent.. Now I can't guarantee that will work for you.

I also know that in the market there is an app that will back up text. I don't remember the name, you may want to do a search or perhaps someone will be kind enough to post it for you.

tameone

Reaction score
SMS backup from the Market.

But this is just a band-aid.. I would like a fix for the problem as well because it plagues me.