What..Multiple storage areas??

Einsteindks

Reaction score
According to TiBu, there is 1) System ROM...OK, 2) Internal...OK, 3) SD Card...is this a pre-installed? It ain't the one I added. 4) Ext. SD card...Wha??? I put in a card and it's read as an EXT partition? What's going on here? I think I have stuff set to store on the 'EXT SD', but how do I make sure? Just what/why is the first SD for anyway? It's nice an' all, but I wanna know the real deal before I go and start moving stuff around. BTW, the card I put in is a 32GB c6

jtpowell

Reaction score
According to TiBu, there is 1) System ROM...OK, 2) Internal...OK, 3) SD Card...is this a pre-installed? It ain't the one I added. 4) Ext. SD card...Wha??? I put in a card and it's read as an EXT partition? What's going on here? I think I have stuff set to store on the 'EXT SD', but how do I make sure? Just what/why is the first SD for anyway? It's nice an' all, but I wanna know the real deal before I go and start moving stuff around. BTW, the card I put in is a 32GB c6
sdcard is really onboard 8gb
sdcard-ext is the 16GB that came preinstalled next to the sim card.

From my understanding you can not move apps to the sdcard-ext. That is what should be used for your file/media storage etc. I think most folks are moving simply because they can not because they need to. The internal app storage is 2GB the SDCard storage is 8GB. That's 10GB of space right there.

OP
Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Reaction score
That's kinda what I suspected, so what yutz decided to artificially break up the internal storage?