1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What modules should i use?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by BrUhNiGGs, Jun 4, 2011.

1. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs New Member

Im kind of a n00b here so im just asking whut modules are reccomended to use in the chevyno1 tools. Im not sure what any of them even do. Maybe a suggestion? Thanks :)
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

TUN is typically used for VPN connections - EXT2 is used for apps2sd and links2sd - ext3/4 are also filesystems that I believe can be used with those apps (among others). The rest are also filesystems.

So - in short - if you do not use these apps - you do not need any modules. Probably 15% of people would use any of these :)
  3. macaddict

macaddict New Member

I typically delete all the modules out of the zip file of the ROM before installing it. The only 2 I do leave are tiwlan and ramzswap. One is the wifi driver and the other provides compcache.
  4. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs New Member

Yeah i tend to use apps2sd. So does enabling ext 2,3,4 make the process of moving apps to the sdcard faster?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. rafiki1

rafiki1 New Member

I'm assuming you are talking about froyo apps2sd which is not impacted by those options. You only need to worry about those when you partition your sdcard using one of those filesystems and use that form of apps2sd to transfer apps to sdcard