What makes the Galaxy Nexus so special

AdamC

Reaction score
Heh

Right now they are having troubles just getting the nexus to 1.4ghz stable over on XDA..... Im not saying it wont make it to 1.5(which they cannot make stable right now.) but i dont see it making it to 2.0ghz. I forsee the rezound making to 2.0ghz, but not the gnex.

I have mine clocked stable at 1.8ghz at the moment, though I haven't been able to hit the 2.0ghz mark yet, it keeps force rebooting when I push it past 1.8. I'll keep working at it!

Briankbl

Reaction score
What makes the Galaxy Nexus so special? How about the fact that it was running Jelly Bean one day after it was announced!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Belly v2.2!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
What makes the Galaxy Nexus so special? How about the fact that it was running Jelly Bean one day after it was announced!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Belly v2.2!

Correction: Less than a day after JB was announced! :beer2:

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
When does jelly bean roll out? How do I upgrade? I have one of the first phones

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When does jelly bean roll out? How do I upgrade? I have one of the first phones
No idea of release date, and considering Verizon is handling it, it could very well be awhile. You'd receive it through an OTA update, when Verizon decides to push it.

however, if you root and ROm you could be on it already, like me and many other:hail:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Even on his OG Droid? I didn't think that would even see a JB-lite rom.
whoops missed that part. :D by "one of the first phones" I thought he meant launch day Nexus

I heard rumors that an ICS ROM was on the OG Droid, you could give that a shot

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sweet. The OG is such a beast. The support for it has been phenomenal. I'll have to put it on the one I handed down to my son. He's 13 and tinkers with it more than I ever did.
Found the video:
[video=youtube;BRHnmDIIbjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHnmDIIbjA[/video]

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
rofl this thread. Had to reread it out of enjoyment. Love the computer talk. Sometimes being a nerd requires people making confusing faces at you while you endlessly ramble about stuff they don't understand. This happens to me too often....

nleksan

Reaction score
I just read through this thread, and it made me sad as I have sold the PC I had as I am building a new 3930K + Rampage IV Extreme + GTX670FTW monster... Oh, the ever-changing life of a PC addict ;)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just read through this thread, and it made me sad as I have sold the PC I had as I am building a new 3930K + Rampage IV Extreme + GTX670FTW monster... Oh, the ever-changing life of a PC addict ;)
I actually just bought a new laptop, your desktop beats it easily as mines a 3612qm with a Geforce 650m but im content with it. You overclocking it? I know the K's are overclock-able, and with that motherboard it would be screaming fast. Plus 6 cores hyper threading to 12. :p you have quite the setup.

nleksan

Reaction score
I shall be overclocking it, I am just waiting on my radiators, tubing, HeatKiller GTX680 Waterblock + Backplate, rad fans, and a few more fittings and then everything will finally be put together!
Will be running an XSPC EX420 (3x140) rad in the top with 6x Bgears Blasters 140mm 1800rpm/103cfm/3.5mmHg-Static-Pressure fans in push-pull, an EX240 (2x120) rad in the bottom with 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15's in push-pull, an EK Multi-Option Res X2 - Advanced 150 reservoir, Swiftech MCP35X PWM-controlled pump, 1/2"ID-3/4"OD Primochill Primoflex PRO LRT Tubing (White), Swiftech Apogee HD (White) CPU Waterblock, HeatKiller "Hole Edition" GTX680 Full-Coverage Waterblock with Heatkiller Stainless-Steel Backplate, and a combination of XSPC/Monsoon compression fittings, Bitspower 45deg dual-rotary Compression Fittings, Bitspower 45deg single-rotary and 90deg dual-rotary adapters, and so forth.

I am hoping to hit a daily overclock of 4.5Ghz stable on the 3930K, the RAM is rated for 2133 9-11-10-28 out of the box so I should be able to hit 2400 10-12-11-30, and a solid 1300Mhz Core/7250Mhz VRAM on the GTX670 FTW!