1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What makes a ROM a "good" ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by dweezle, Aug 25, 2011.

1. dweezle

dweezle New Member

I have been hooked on various different "areas of interest". Cars, Mountain bikes, firearms, computers, cameras, knives..... Each time I'd start out as a complete novice and read what others thought. At first I just believed what I read about what was generally thought to be "good". After a while I knew enough to form my own opinion.

I just bought my 1st smart phone, a Droid X. It came rooted and running Apex 2.0 RC2. At this point I don't know enough to do anything more than read the opinions of what other people think about the various ROMs. So, I'm curious what people on this forum think makes for a "good" ROM. What would get you to try a different one than the one you have on your phone, at the moment?
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

For me a good Rom offers a combination of the following:
    • Stability
    • Features
    • Battery Life
    Other then that i usually try many of them for fun and usually end up going back to my ultimate favorite, Sourcery. Not sure which are good for the Droid X but i'm there are great ones to try out.
  3. d4dEf@c@

d4dEf@c@ New Member

For me I like an AOSP ROM (based on Google source code) over modded stock ROMs. Apex is AOSP and is a great ROM, especially for battery life. I like a ROM to move fluidly, little to no lag when changing screens. I like it to feel like it can keep up with me. I like my apps to load fast.

I am a fan of Cyanogenmod7 because it is an AOSP ROM, but it has many modifications. I like customization options. One click themeing, tweaked UI for perfomance, toms of options for additional customization. For me that is what makes a good ROM.