1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What LCD monitor for Droid X? Can I get files from nfs/smb shares?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by tucansam, Nov 17, 2012.

1. tucansam

tucansam New Member

Gang,

I was given a Droid X, and I want to use it as a host for an electronic picture frame in my kitchen. I tried connecting its HDMI out to an old (1280x1024) LCD and got no output. No surprise since I know the X put outs HD. What is the resolution I should be looking for? 720 or 1080?

Also, I have a home server with a folder for family pictures. It can be exported via nfs or smb. Can the X be configured to use a network share as file storage? I have downloaded some slideshow apps to play with, and I'd like to get the X reading pictures from the network share, and then displaying them on the monitor.

Thanks.