What kind of game would you like to see?

kennyg23

Reaction score
Me and my friend are thinking about creating a game for the android market but are out of ideas with what we should create. We are capable of either creating a 2d/3d type game or possibly even a text based game (neither of us have much experience with that though).

Just want to see what types of games may be popular in the marketplace and which ones might be flops.

struong57

Reaction score
The Apple app store has various apps where you can transform most of the Transformers characters/robots and even trigger certain actions specific to the individual robot. I would love to see something like that for android.

Purist

Reaction score
I'd play the hell out of an MMO. Even if were over-the-top view.

Million

Reaction score
'Payback', top down GTA clone for apple...

last I played it was buggy as hell and in alpha , but it should be playable these days

Groucho

Reaction score
Would love to see a simple, lite "hack and slash" RPG.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Decent combat flight simulator, from a "cockpit" perspective. A decent FPS a 'la BF2.

Something along the lines of "Strike Fleet" or "Red Storm Rising" would be fun.

To keep it from being a flop, depends a lot on how playable it is. I have PC and PS2 games that keep me coming back, despite their age, because they are so much fun to play. And there are others that showed initial promise, but flopped.

SimTower was published in 1998, and I still play that on my old system, it never gets old. Same with SimCopter. Simple? Yes. Fun? You bet. I think it's because both games have a simple user interface, uncluttered play commands and a clean look.

I think games that don't have a steep learning curve are what appeal most to people. Most people are casual gamers, and play something that can be picked up in mere minutes, but presents enough of a challenge to make people want to come back for more....

that's just my opinion...

OP
K

kennyg23

Reaction score
what kind of mmorpg are you talking about. Do you mean like a WOW type game or like second life? My first thought was to create an MMORPG because they seem to be the most popular on any phone/computer.

Varking

Reaction score
Anything with levels, items, monsters to kill or players to fight really. Just have decent graphics. Text based games aren't too hot anymore.

modified

Reaction score
A world of warcraft type game for the droid would be amazing. Unfortunately i doubt it would run it well.

Best game would be a solid tower defense game. Something like Bloons, or Fieldrunners.

Another good game, that is currently a Flash game, is Sonny 1, and Sonny 2. Check them out at armorgames.com. It isnt graphic intensive, and it doesnt require too many buttons to play. An RPG like that would surely attract a lot of attention.

Groucho

Reaction score
Those looking for a WORMS-type game should check out BARRAGE.