What kind of case are you most likely to buy?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I'd like a nice thin case the color an feel of tanned leather.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually like the idea of a very thin matte black case that has a great grip and keeps the phone as close to original as possible. Actually tan might be a color I go with at some point - but it won't be leather - my heard of cows is just too small.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm researching holsters. There are many out there that may fit what I'm making. If I can find a good fit I'll offer it with and without the holster.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Scott,
Is the silicone on your case with the hardback sticky in a pocket or did you use a different compound to prevent that? Most silicone cases drag or collect a lot of lint.
I already have a TPU on my GN but would like to have another case for when I need more protection. I use the standard battery for your statistics collection.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not at all sticky in your pocket. The PC Mesh lets it slide in and out very well. The Standard Battery is the ideal size. The extended fits pretty well also but the standard is what it was made for.

I wear jeans every day and used these for a while and never had a problem. The PC Mesh is rubberized so it doesn't feel like plastic but not enough to create any kind of drag getting it in and out of pockets.

I stopped using my TPU cases once I got these. They weigh about the same and just look and feel better.

Sincerely,

Scott

Scott,
Is the silicone on your case with the hardback sticky in a pocket or did you use a different compound to prevent that? Most silicone cases drag or collect a lot of lint.
I already have a TPU on my GN but would like to have another case for when I need more protection. I use the standard battery for your statistics collection.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about a slim case with protection around the edges and a good grip, and a holster that it slides into that has a clip that doubles as a stand?

I believe I have it.

I agree with 305rev305. A minimal case with a holster. To be more specific, a minimal case with protection all around, a lip around the top edge top edge to provide some protection for the glass, and a holster with a low profile clip. It also needs to fit the Verizon extended battery. No stand needed. Yes, it's a niche product. But I'm inclined to think it's a pretty big niche given that Seidio has a case of this type. Given how late you're entering the game, I think you'd do better in a niche area. Plus, Seidio is the only competitor in this one and they're very pricey.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Thank you for the reply. I will have to check one out but may wait to see what you are coming up with now. :)

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I will have to check one out but may wait to see what you are coming up with now. :)

The one I am designing is at least a month to a month and a half away. With the way the process works it take a long time to not only make one but get it perfect.

But I did find a holster for it.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got a shipment of some galaxy note cases today and had them throw in a few ITouch cases. They put in these robot cases I've never seen. I gave them to my kids and it turns out they are like the otterbox but they look like a robot. Kinda cool.

Anyone want a robot case?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Care to share pics of the robot ones?

Also, id love to have a case with andy on it

For cases with Andy on it I recommend Cruzerlite. They make the best Andy the Android TPU cases you can get.

I'm not sure if they make the robot for anything but the itouch. Here is an EBAY link to it.

Lot 2 Robot Silicone + Hard Double Case Cover Skin For iPod Touch 4th White&Pink | eBay find it amusing that when we opened them it took some technical experience to get then opened and put on correctly. After reading this ebay listing I don't feel so bad anymore - they have detailed instructions. You can't see it but the front is protected by plastic. For the price they offer alot of protection but I won't be carrying itouch cases. My twin eight year olds get to keep them (I got two black).