What kind of car charger to get??

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
I remember hearing issues about getting a charger of a certain output, as regular ones for older phones weren't powerful enough. Anyone know what I need to get to charge phone while driving? And even better... Could I pick up up local (walmart, best buy, radio shack)? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got one from vzw. It works well, and you can charge 2 phones at once.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

t35rk

Reaction score
The check out isle at Walmart has a car charger for $5. I use it for my Incredible. Worked great for a few months. Now the connection isn't as tight as it used to be, so it doesn't always charge.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

pat3332

Reaction score
Your best bet is to get one with a 1Amp output. There are a lot that are .5Amp and they will charge slowly if you're not using your Rezound for anything while driving. If you're using GPS you may barely stay even. There is one from Motorola on Amazon that has been very popular and inexpensive. It's 950mA, but close enough to 1Amp to not make any difference. It's not a dual USB charger, but for under $6.00, it's a good deal.

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Verizon's charger works great, but it's a lot more expensive.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do make sure it has enough juice to charge your phone. Cheaper chargers don't have throughput. It has to be at least 1a 5v.

OP
bladerunn3r

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Your best bet is to get one with a 1Amp output. There are a lot that are .5Amp and they will charge slowly if you're not using your Rezound for anything while driving. If you're using GPS you may barely stay even. There is one from Motorola on Amazon that has been very popular and inexpensive. It's 950mA, but close enough to 1Amp to not make any difference. It's not a dual USB charger, but for under $6.00, it's a good deal.

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Verizon's charger works great, but it's a lot more expensive.

Awesome thanks!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums