What kind of Android smartphone do you all recommend?

Danny1971jdw

Reaction score
So, I am close to be able to upgrade my phone through Verizon wireless. I have right now the HTC ozone and I have never had any big issues with the phone. I've had the phone now almost two years. I will be able to upgrade my phone in January the seventeenth and I do know that I want a smartphone that is a touch phone. One that has the option to be able to surf the Web while talking on the phone. I'm not much worried about memory on the phone as I have a memory card that I can put in the phone. I also would like to have a phone that has a good quality on the camera and video. As I enjoy taking pictures and videos of my pets, and nature. I'm looking for a phone that is touch most definitely since I have had my tablet. So, what type of phone do you all recommend ? I'm open up for any answers that you may have. Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
The Rezound, RAZR, and Nexus are the top phones out right now.

There are a million comparisons out there for you to read, but the best thing to do is go to Verizon and spend a good amount of time on each one.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

WestOkid

Reaction score
The Rezound, RAZR, and Nexus are the top phones out right now.

There are a million comparisons out there for you to read, but the best thing to do is go to Verizon and spend a good amount of time on each one.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Agreed!

Sent from my Sexy DROID RAZR using Taptalk

JRParsons

Reaction score
Based on what you posted, it sounds like the Rezound, but go to a Verizon store where they have working Demo units. Spend a while on all the phones before you talk to a salesperson.

If you're logical like me, make a list of what is important, place a value to each thing on that list. Then take each phone you are interested in and give it points for each positive thing.

Some of the major features that you mentioned,
The Rezound is the only one that can talk and surf the web without utilizing both the 4G and 3G networks. The Galaxy Nexus has onboard storage only, so you couldn't use your SD card. The Razor has a non removable battery, the Stratosphere has a sliding keyboard (and a touch screen).

The Galaxy Nexus has the latest operating system, which can be both good and bad. It the newest so that's good, but some apps won't play nice with it.

Do some reading, check out the Verizon Wireless Website, and try them in person. I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

t35rk

Reaction score
What JRParsons said about the Rezound. The TBolt is also capable of simultaneous voice and data on 3g. Also an HTC device, the TBolt is inferior to the rezound in nearly every way. Except price. I'd recommend Costco for either one. They offer a 90 day return policy vs Verizon's 14 day return policy. The TBolt sells for about $50 there, and The Rezound should be about $199.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
What JRParsons said about the Rezound. The TBolt is also capable of simultaneous voice and data on 3g. Also an HTC device, the TBolt is inferior to the rezound in nearly every way. Except price. I'd recommend Costco for either one. They offer a 90 day return policy vs Verizon's 14 day return policy. The TBolt sells for about $50 there, and The Rezound should be about $199.

I have a thunderbolt, didn't even want to recommend it, even though I used to defend it. It was really a "beta" phone.

t35rk

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt, didn't even want to recommend it, even though I used to defend it. It was really a "beta" phone.

In a couple of months the TBolt will be close to free at Costco. Considering their 90 day return policy, is it worth giving it a shot?

Seems like it is playing with fire. I like fire, and it's a Thunderbolt.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I picked my phone to respond yes it's worth a shot then the phone froze I had to restart it so no it's not worth a shot

t35rk

Reaction score
I picked my phone to respond yes it's worth a shot then the phone froze I had to restart it so no it's not worth a shot

Lol. That's what I thought.