What keyboard are you using?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I settled on SwiftKey. Think of it as Multi-touch but with prediction as good as Swype.

I'm also playing with 8pen, which is totally different. I'm optimistic about this idea, but haven't made my decision yet. The learning curve is almost as bad as learning touch typing on QWERTY. It remains to be seen if the results will be worth the effort.

I also have Graffiti, and occasionally use it, mostly out of nostalgia for my old Palm PDAs. It actually work better than it did on Palm. The major pain is learning all the gestures for special characters and punctuation. If it had a quickie keyboard for symbols it would be a lot easier for beginners to use.

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
I settled on SwiftKey. Think of it as Multi-touch but with prediction as good as Swype.

I'm also playing with 8pen, which is totally different. I'm optimistic about this idea, but haven't made my decision yet. The learning curve is almost as bad as learning touch typing on QWERTY. It remains to be seen if the results will be worth the effort.

I also have Graffiti, and occasionally use it, mostly out of nostalgia for my old Palm PDAs. It actually work better than it did on Palm. The major pain is learning all the gestures for special characters and punctuation. If it had a quickie keyboard for symbols it would be a lot easier for beginners to use.

Just gave 8pen a try, seems abit complicated for my taste haha. SwiftKey seems decent though. I've also tried smart keyboard which I'm liking quite well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

str0ntium

Reaction score
Using Smart Keyboard, from the market.

So much better than the stock MT. For one, it doesn't always delete the space before a symbol/punctuation. Also, it has a domain key and a customizable smiley key. It can also be skinned. They have their own forum with people making skins for it.

It also has an arrow key screen which makes up for using up the <enter> key spot for the smiley key. There is number pad and carriage return on that screen.

There's a trial version. I used it for about 2hrs and decided to buy.

Bro KV

Reaction score

So much better than the stock MT. For one, it doesn't always delete the space before a symbol/punctuation. Also, it has a domain key and a customizable smiley key. It can also be skinned. They have their own forum with people making skins for it.

It also has an arrow key screen which makes up for using up the key spot for the smiley key. There is number pad and carriage return on that screen.

+1 and I use the Cupertino skin. Love the keyboard.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Ultra Keyboard is a nice alternative IMO to Swype...you can do either swipe input or tap...there is a trial and paid version in the market...

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score

It also has an arrow key screen which makes up for using up the key spot for the smiley key. There is number pad and carriage return on that screen.

What skin are you using?

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score

I've been using the galaxy skin that comes preinstalled & looking around at others, haven't had much time it being thanksgiving though.

I did decide to purchase smart keyboard though!

EDIT: @smalltowngirl13 downloaded the trial to Ultra Keyboard, it has some interesting features.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I've been using the galaxy skin that comes preinstalled & looking around at others, haven't had much time it being thanksgiving though.

EDIT: @smalltowngirl13 downloaded the trial to Ultra Keyboard, it has some interesting features.

Smart Keyboard is a nice keyboard app - I also have it installed as well and was my primary keyboard before Ultra :)...Ultra does have several nice features, in the paid version, you can create your skins which is fun to mess with...

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score

Smart Keyboard is a nice keyboard app - I also have it installed as well and was my primary keyboard before Ultra :)...Ultra does have several nice features, in the paid version, you can create your skins which is fun to mess with...

The feature in Ultra Keyboard that uses the camera for the background was a pretty great idea IMO, haha.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

The feature in Ultra Keyboard that uses the camera for the background was a pretty great idea IMO, haha.

I have not used that much but I like the scrolling task bar at the top and the editing arrows at the bottom...

Bro KV

Reaction score
I tried the Ultra first but was having lagging issues when typing. So I switched the Smart and have had zero issues.