What Kernel

toady

Reaction score
Update - I tried Chevy's new Froyo kernels w/ OMAP sensor enabled...and they work! Not only that, but I can use the ULV kernels which never booted for me before on any ROM!

I am much happier...CMRC2 is an incredible ROM and now I have much better battery life!

forgive my ignorance.. but what is the OMAP sensor? Can you offer some info as to what it is, what phones have it and what it is used for?

Many thanks

AutoCANE

Reaction score
Update - I tried Chevy's new Froyo kernels w/ OMAP sensor enabled...and they work! Not only that, but I can use the ULV kernels which never booted for me before on any ROM!

I am much happier...CMRC2 is an incredible ROM and now I have much better battery life!

forgive my ignorance.. but what is the OMAP sensor? Can you offer some info as to what it is, what phones have it and what it is used for?

Many thanks

The OMAP sensor is the CPU temp sensor (OMAP is the CPU identifier). You can use an app like TempMonitor to see your CPU temp as well as your battery temp. SetCPU shows the CPU temp as well, so I don't use TempMonitor.

The Moto Droid has an OMAP processor, but I'm not sure which other phones have that CPU architecture.

Edit - I forgot to add...the temp sensor is enabled by the kernel, as far as I know only Chevy and P3 have Froyo kernels that have this capability enabled.

Last edited: