what job supports your Droid?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I work for the Government on Military jets. I am prior Air Force.

Cool beans. I buy jet engines (for the Harrier) among other stuff for the DOD.
Although I don't use my Droid to support my job, my job supports my droid habit.

Lately I've been using it to fill out an on-line calendar that my dad set up to schedule his Myrtle Beach condo. My brother, sister and in-laws are all jockeying for prime times. LOL

Last edited:

backlash

Reaction score
I dont use my phone for work purposes since they wont pay for my phone. I just use the calculator app so that I dont have to dig through the papers on my desk to find my calculator.

I have used it to check my work email at times when my wife was busy on the PC at home.
Start --> Run --> type in "calc" if you're on windows.

Linux is the same
run command --> kcalc (opensuse running KDE)

Might save you time, might not :icon_ banana:

Software QA Engineer, my phone is only for personal use though.

Last edited:

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Mechanical Engineer in the power industry providing wear solutions for OEM's.

My Droid is almost exclusively for personal use.

onthemark

Reaction score
I Coach Football, Basketball, Golf at the HS Level and own 9 small websites and have a E-Biz consulting Business.

I use my Droid for both Work and Personal.

In Personal - Email, Social Networking, Geocaching, Tracking my weighloss, personal finance and Nav

Business - ScanR and ScanPDF, mytimesheet, Documents To Go, Exspensify, Wp To Go, Calendar (using google gqueues), GTalk with office team.

I use the Droid alot during the day. I have had to move to 7 Screens to sort it all out.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Computer Engineer for the Gubment -- I have to leave my Droid in the car when I go into work every day.

FootballRef

Reaction score
Mine is personal use. I am not important enough to need a work phone. :) I do keep up with work meetings on my Droid calendar. I have to enter this info manually as they do not allow us to sync our phones with Lotus Notes.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Company issued BB. Outlook express email and documents to go might convince them otherwise.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
I am an elementary school teacher @ a small public school in the city.

Use my droid in school to show youtube clips (its blocked on the districts server) read shared docs from kids on my Gdocs, dictionary.com, etc

REMilk

Reaction score
I use my Droid for both personal and work (I receive a small monthly stipend from my company fo use.).

I use "Touchdown" (Android 2.0) from NitroDesk for MS Exchange functions. It has worked flawlessly for syncing email and calendar. In fact, I receive Exchange email on my Droid before they appear on my PC.

To read MS Word and Excel spreadsheets, I use "OfficeSuite" and "Documents to Go" (Full Version).

"DropBox" for file sync between multiple devices

"ZOHO" and "gDocs" for collaboration in the cloud.

"Evernote"for note taking

"Mobile Package" for tracking shipments

"Tripit" This consolidates all my travel. I travel nearly every week.

"Folder Organizer", this gives me organization. I have a travel folder with bookmarks to the travel sites I frequently use.

I hope this information is helpful.

Bob

proof

Reaction score
I use Droid for both personal and work related functions.

It's nice to be able to VPN/RDP into work and administer a server when one of our web applications goes down.

I initially bought the RDP app from Xtralogic never thinking it would be more than a novelty, but I am surprised how productive I can be with it.

I've ran SQL queries, moved files, restarted IIS and a host of other things right from the convenience of my phone. If I can get a signal I am never out of touch.

jman09

Reaction score
I'm a college student. So it keeps me awake in boring classes. And gives me something to do in between classes.

When I worked at a bookstore I used it to look up book series because the customer service system didn't have the books in order.

Spyte

Reaction score
I'm the cable guy. phone doesn't do a whole lot for me except play pandora while i'm at work.