what is your min. and max. setting on set cpu?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hookerdj, Apr 6, 2010.

1. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

I have scene a couple videos now were i can see people setcpu and they have set cpu just as high as the max setting. In other words if the top slider is at 1000 everyone i sees bottom slider is right sorta up next to it. I am running cyanogen 5057 with a bekit 1000ghz kernal because the lowest slot is 125. I have my min at 125 thinking that would help keep it cool and help with my battery? If someone is at max 1000 say and min 1000 wouldnt that keep your droid hot and burn up the battery time?

Sorry to ramble on ..In other words is this a good practice or is it better to keep your max at whatever you prefer and your min at the minimum?

Thanks
  2. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

im pretty much runnin the same exact setup andi have mine set to min 250 and max 800...

also if ur worried about ur phone over heating u can DL temp monitor from the market and use that as a reference too
  3. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

My max is 1100 and my Min is a stock 550. You wouldn't want your Droid to run slower than a stock one....so I wouldn't suggest setting your Min below 550. Use the Profiles for setting lower settings for charging or sleep mode since you are not technically using the phone during those times.

The main screen setting is your Droid while you are using it and your Profile settings would be for other times and worst case situations...ie..low battery power or phone is running too hot.
  4. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

i though t that is how your supposed to run it ..It seems if you have both setting all the way at the highest it seems the phone would be trying to react to quickly and jittery?? i dunno? just thought i wouild ask....
  5. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

I do not run profiles i just have it set on boot 1000 and my min is 125... if you are running stock your min is 250 or 125 correct me if i am wrong?
  6. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

125mhz-1.2ghz. I forced my droid to run at 1.2ghz for 30min straight once. It got up tp 43deg C but was otherwise fine.
  7. czonin

czonin New Member

is it recommended to run with the min being 550? im running with a Chevys 1.2 MV kernal at 1100 max and 125 min. gotten up to 100F once. how should my cpu settings be? what are safe temperatures to be running at?
  8. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

I've had mine up to 135f playing robo defense at 1.2ghz... hasn't hurt my droid at all...
  9. czonin

czonin New Member

what do u keep ur min at? what are some safe temperatures to run at?
  10. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

I don't know what is "safe" but I think of it this way...
    100f ain't nothin... that's body temperature
    120f to 130f is a phone left in a hot car... motorola phones should be able to handle that for short bursts...
    140f or above scares me... I don't go there

My min is set at 250 and max most of the time at 1000
  11. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

I must ask you to please not go around spreading false information sounding confident about it.

550 is the stock max. 250 is the stock min. And whats wrong with less than that? Your min should be as low as it can go. A max/min of 550/250 would run just as fast as 550/550. Only the first one could slow down if it doesnt need to run that fast.
  12. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

my min is set at 125 and my max is 1000 i run fast and smooth and never really have any problems running the new cyanogen 5057 with the smoked glasss theme bekit 1000 lv kernel
  13. necr0

necr0 New Member

550-900MHz
  14. korp

korp New Member

I have my max at 1200 (kernel max) and 250 min. If you keep them both at the max you are going to have your phone running at full power all the time which has got to have some long term problems.
  15. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

You are correct. Anybody setting both max and min to the same value is clearly confused about what frequency scaling is. The ONLY time I can see it making sense to set both min and max to a value is for stress testing. If you want to see what the battery life and temperature is like at 1.0Ghz, you would want to make sure it STAYS at 1.0Ghz, by setting the min and max to be that.

You have the right idea setting max to 1000 and min to a low number. There have been some reports that 125 is too slow for a minimum. If the phone is in standby at 125Mhz and a call comes in, the phone will suddenly wake up and try to do a lot of things all at once. Before the processor gets a chance to ramp up, you will experience a very unresponsive touch screen, and a slow display. You might miss your call because the slider won't go.

I would suggest testing out your minimum speed by setting it and letting the phone go to sleep, then having somebody call you. See if the phone is able to wake up and come back up to speed at a reasonable time. Better to know now than find out when an important call comes in.
  16. yourhero88

yourhero88 New Member

What color did you say that kettle was again?
  17. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

thank you!!!
  18. czonin

czonin New Member

just updated to UD 9.8 and am using ChevyNo1s 1.2 MV kernal. max at 1200 min at 125 and it has been running great. hasnt been getting hot either
  19. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Im running 1000Max/250Min with profiles for different states on ChevyNo1's SS 3.0 1200Mhz LV 7-Slot. I take it down to stock for sleep mode, and cut way down to 250Max/250Min when my battery drops below 25%. I also limit to 800Mhz when charging, just to be safe. I found that 125 caused the slow answering issue when coming out of sleep, so I keep it at 250 and up.
  20. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

yeah i was wandering what was going on today when i was trying to answer I will have to bump it up now
Search tags for this page

android cpu min max

android min and max cpu

cpu max droid 1

cpu min and max

cpu min max android

cpu ø§ù†ø¯ø±ùˆùŠø¯ max min

cpu settings for droid

droid razr m highest frequency on set cpu

gs3 safe charging min max mhz

how to set min and max cpu in android

min max cpu android