What is your data usage in your billing cycle so far?

phreakaj

Reaction score
I had been torrenting and tethering w pdanet and lots of pandora and last months came in alittle under 4.5gb and this month I am a little over 1.1 gb and my bill ends on the 18th but no torrenting and little pdanet but lots on pandora so I haven't gone over the supposed 5gb limit that they say caan get you in trouble with VZW for tethering.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm at 245159.39kb so far. The cycle endes the 26th for me. I guess watching a football game last week at dinner took up a lot of data :icon_ devil:
How were you able to watch a football game on your Droid??

NFL Sundat ticket. There's an app for it iin the market.
Well, we have DirecTV but don't have the $$$$ for NFL Ticket. I got to see all but about 3 Steelers games out here anyway, so unless I rob a bank or inherit a lot of money this year, I won't be able to get NFL Ticket next year either. Did it work well for you on the Android?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How were you able to watch a football game on your Droid??

NFL Sundat ticket. There's an app for it in the market.
Well, we have DirecTV but don't have the $$$$ for NFL Ticket. I got to see all but about 3 Steelers games out here anyway, so unless I rob a bank or inherit a lot of money this year, I won't be able to get NFL Ticket next year either. Did it work well for you on the Android?

Yes it did work well. Also just an FYI if you want ST next year. Call and negotiate it. You can get a discounted price most of the time. It isn't "HUD quality" but on a Droid and in a restaurant it worked very very well

Nightline

Reaction score
Well lately I have been testing a lot of streaming to Ustream and Qik, so I am sure thats a big chunk. l Also when driving, I always have the map app, so some data has to be used there to pull in map data.

Impressive nightline. What are your most frequently used programs?

soyboy

Reaction score
957mb with 10 days left this month. I am actually amazed out how low my usage is as much as I use the web and apps on the phone.

Million

Reaction score
761,612.6 KB two weeks left.

Don't use it as much as I thought I do.

giv1tatry

Reaction score
4 gigs so far, and bill not due until january 20th. don't ask for what haha, has anyone called verizon and verified the 5 gb limit? i hear from people that as long as no tethering takes place, it is perfectly fine to go over 5 gb. and that it really is unlimited. all this stuff is just whack, noone with any real proof of anything.

OP
CorvetteAustin24
Reaction score

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
4 gigs so far, and bill not due until january 20th. don't ask for what haha, has anyone called verizon and verified the 5 gb limit? i hear from people that as long as no tethering takes place, it is perfectly fine to go over 5 gb. and that it really is unlimited. all this stuff is just whack, noone with any real proof of anything.
This is a sticky. Please read: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/1031-misconceptions-unlimited-data.html

Tegamal

Reaction score
I think the Non-Smart Phone data plans are limited, but the Smartphone/PDA & Blackberry Data Plans are, in fact, unlimited, unless you are tethering.

hbah427

Reaction score
I've used 935.5MB in half a cycle.
4252168141_f47b306359_o.png

phreakaj

Reaction score
Supposedly pdanet is set up to make the phone believe that it is using the data not the computer you are tetherd to of course I. Don't know for sure. Someone should use an app. Like aBTC and just see what vzw says when they go to like 7 8 gbs lol.or more. Vzw can say they are unl but seeing what they do when you go over will be the test.

heavyvino

Reaction score
The most i ever used with my D1 was 98gb, did thst twice, netflix,pandora,slacker,and mlb at bat. my average was 15 to 20. now i have a razr I did 10 yesterday.