What is your Baseband version?

R1Lover

Reaction score
There is more then one version of the ESE53 one has the new radio and the other one doesn't... I'm assuming there are a few other changes too not noted.

I flashed the new SBF about 3 weeks ago, but it's the old radio version.

I downloaded the new version last night, but have not installed it yet.

nphil

Reaction score
Yeah radio updates reside on a different CG block, so you can only flash it with RSD Lite. I think F&B 3 has an option to JUST flash the baseband CG, but I'm not sure if the droid is even supported. I guess the leaked ESE53 sbf file comes with the updated baseband, haven't tried flashing it yet since no one noticed it until now.

And yeah, ROM updates can't update your baseband since its not on a linux partition at all

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No, there is only one sbf for ESE53 out there, and it has the new radio. If RSDlite has problems flashing and fails at the end, you get the ESE53 flash, but not the radio flash.

I flashed it within 10 minutes of it being leaked, and I have the new radio version, as can be attested to by the screencap on the first page.

JCo352

Reaction score
So thats why it said failed when I flashed the sbf using RSD Lite, good to know.

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yeah I had to flash the sbf like 3-4 times before the radio update stuck, it was ridiculous.

alienware777

Reaction score
Ok so I just tried flashing it, and its stuck here. The phone is rebooted. I checked my system stats, and they are the same as yours. Should I just close out of RSDLite? Thanks.

Edit: And I just realized where I posted this. I had a couple tabs open... Sorry.

Help.png

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yep, you are all done.

validoption

Reaction score
No, there is only one sbf for ESE53 out there, and it has the new radio. If RSDlite has problems flashing and fails at the end, you get the ESE53 flash, but not the radio flash.

I flashed it within 10 minutes of it being leaked, and I have the new radio version, as can be attested to by the screencap on the first page.

This may be a dumb question, but I want to make sure my logic is correct before I make any changes...

I'm currently running AdamZ's SG 6. If the ESE53.sbf is the only thing that changes the radio, and not custom ROMs, does this mean that I could flash the ESE53.sbf to get the baseband update and then put SG6 back on the device? This would give me the ROM I want with the new baseband, as the ROM can't change the baseband, right?

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Right.

In short, it will wipe your phone squeaky clean and put ESE53 on it. All data, everything (except sd card) will be nuked. It will also upgrade the radio.

So, you will need to flash the sprecovery image and then you can reinstate your nandroid backup, or install a custom ROM.

Check the hacking help forum if you need help. I made an ESE53 rooting thread there.

validoption

Reaction score
Right.

In short, it will wipe your phone squeaky clean and put ESE53 on it. All data, everything (except sd card) will be nuked. It will also upgrade the radio.

So, you will need to flash the sprecovery image and then you can reinstate your nandroid backup, or install a custom ROM.

Check the hacking help forum if you need help. I made an ESE53 rooting thread there.

Fantastic, thank you!

R1Lover

Reaction score

hmmmmmmmm let me find it

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So you are going to go by a file name?

Get the md5 for that and I will compare it to mine.

Edit: Better yet, don't bother.

You posted a link for the 2.0.1 SBF.

In other news...