what is your app budget?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by StepDroid, Feb 8, 2010.

1. StepDroid

StepDroid Official DF Vendor
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have set aside about 20-30 bucks a month just to buy new apps... just curious if any others have done something similar.... also for market research... I should put up a poll

2. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    $20-$30 wow! I've only spent >$5 in two months lol

3. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im broke, Droid bill is enough. I have yet to pay for an app but when I finally start getting some cash I might set $10 a month apart. Truth be told Im afraid of using all the memory on the Droid because I know there isnt much and I already have a ton of free apps.

4. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just buy what I want. With the option to refund within 24 hours I buy a lot more than I would otherwise.. and it looks like I've kept maybe $15 worth since getting the phone in November. I bet I've got $50 in refunds.

Edit: I AM up to over $150 in accessories, though.

5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,435
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I just spend whatever my heart desires...He (my Droid) deserves the very best...

Haha! Definitely don't have a SET amount each month, but I tend to stick with free apps...and won't pay for an app (for the most part) unless they have a free or trial version...

All-in-all, since I had the G1 back in the day, I can't say I've spent more than $20 total...Bought a LOT more for the Droid than the G1...

6. StepDroid

StepDroid Official DF Vendor
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its a budget..... I haven't hit the limit yet but I keep it available so when I see what I want its there. keep it on a pre paid credit card tho.

7. backlash

backlash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    $0 spent on apps so far. Only other things I've bought for the phone is two cases, usb cables, and cigarette to usb adapters.

I plan on getting a pre-paid Visa gift card, with about $25 on it though.

8. andrewdoane

andrewdoane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have spent ~$20 since November. I always try free first, but there have been a few times where I did pony up and spend the money. I try to limit it to one paid app a month.

9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    If I need it, I buy it :D

That's my budget....

10. mattygabe

mattygabe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The free portion of the marketplace definitely reduces most peoples' wanting to pay for an application, especially if there's already an app that takes care of that for free, who'd want to pay for it?

But, if an application does what I want it to, and it's that important to me, I'll buy it. I "subscribed" to Pandora about six months ago, and while the perks to being a subscriber aren't that great, I felt I needed to help support the project monetarily.

11. edthesped

edthesped Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My experience pretty much mirrors yours. At this point I'm not overly impressed with most of the apps in the market, do I really need another soundboard app. I purchased "talk to me keyboard" and never use it. I'd really like Maverick to work but it's a flaky on my droid and I can't get a refund. I think the only paid app that I own that I really use is "Traffic Cams" I give the cams on my route home from work a run through before I leave so I know which route to take. The program has saved me lots of idle sitting in traffic time.

12. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I just buy whatever. Most of my good apps that I use daily (except for Chomp which is free) are paid apps.

It always amazes me to see how many people complain about 1 and 2 dollar apps (not saying in this thread, but just in general on the forum) when they have a phone that costs about 2-300 times more than that, unlocked.