What is wrong with my battery?

karoded

Reaction score
Do you have Spare Parts installed? That should show you what is using the most battery. Have you adjusted display settings....I am not sure if it was tha battery conditioning or turning off back lighting and turning down the display brightness that gave the biggest benefit but both were very helpful.

From reading your past posts it seems that your battery life is highly variable.....If you are in a bad cell area, that can quickly drain your battery. Even my old Moto Q would quickly run out of juice if it was fighting to connect all day.

Eric

Reaction score
I just shut my phone off for the day. It's 11PM. After 2 days, I have 60% left. I have everything shut off unless I need to use it. If I need to check e=mail or check something on the web, I turn the mobile network on. Otherwise I keep it off. Same with Bluetooth, or GPS. WiFi is always off. Screen brightness turned down to about 25%, and it's still plenty bright. And yes, I use my phone. Occasional calls, e-mails, texts, checking things on the web occasionally, etc. No apps running, and have only downloaded one - scientific calculator. No social network stuff. (But I'm an old fart.)

Seems like a waste of $$$. Why not just use a string & cans? Seriously, if you have to dumb-down the phone this much, you probably should just buy a cheap Nokia.

Are you really going start making snide comments because you don't approve of how someone makes use of their phone? Seriously?

Eric

Reaction score
Battery seems like it's draining fast again today. I'm barely using it. Bluetooth and wi-fi are off. It defeats the purpose of having a smartphone when you disable all the "smart" functions. Will Verizon give me another battery?

Seems it would be worth the effort to take it in and tell them what you are experiencing. As mentioned, it might be just a bad battery. Perhaps they can check it. If it's bad, they should give you a new one under warranty.