What is wrong with my battery?

Mattb

Reaction score
I always have WiFi and GPS on and use bluetooth occasionally throughout the day. Once I found out it was YouMail killing my battery and uninstalled it, I get 20-24 hours on one charge with heavy use. I also have my exchange account set up to receive mail as it arrives. Did you check your awake time? My guess would be that its either at or real close to 100%. Since getting rid of YouMail, mine stays right around 16%.

SBacklin

Reaction score
I always have WiFi and GPS on and use bluetooth occasionally throughout the day. Once I found out it was YouMail killing my battery and uninstalled it, I get 20-24 hours on one charge with heavy use. I also have my exchange account set up to receive mail as it arrives. Did you check your awake time? My guess would be that its either at or real close to 100%. Since getting rid of YouMail, mine stays right around 16%.
My awake time is fine, I have been checking it. Honestly, this phones battery makes the iPhone's battery a God-send....seriously. I expect more quality from HTC.

Mattb

Reaction score
If you're awake time is fine, maybe you should bring it to a VZW store and have them swap out the battery to see if that makes a difference.

SBacklin

Reaction score
Well, what I'm going to do is wait until after the Dec. 11th update that is supposed to be coming for the Eris and see how the entire phone itself behaves. If I feel that I'm still having issues, I will simply exchange it for another one. I came from the Storm 2. BlackBerry is out of the question, WinMo....yeah right. I don't like the Moto Droid because of its design. I will just have them send me another new Eris.

Eric

Reaction score
I just shut my phone off for the day. It's 11PM. After 2 days, I have 60% left. I have everything shut off unless I need to use it. If I need to check e=mail or check something on the web, I turn the mobile network on. Otherwise I keep it off. Same with Bluetooth, or GPS. WiFi is always off. Screen brightness turned down to about 25%, and it's still plenty bright. And yes, I use my phone. Occasional calls, e-mails, texts, checking things on the web occasionally, etc. No apps running, and have only downloaded one - scientific calculator. No social network stuff. (But I'm an old fart.)

SBacklin

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you found something to work for you....assuming I read your post correctly. Anyway, I still say, that no one should have to go around shutting have the stuff off just to get a decent battery life. Its unfair to all users that these devices are completely underpowered and HTC is making us do stuff that kind of defeats the purpose of having a smartphone to begin with. That is just not right.

Eric

Reaction score
P.S. To turn off e-mail notification of threads you are subscribed to, go to "User CP". You will find the options to turn it off in there. You can also set default to not automatically subscribe to threads you post in.

SBacklin

Reaction score
P.S. To turn off e-mail notification of threads you are subscribed to, go to "User CP". You will find the options to turn it off in there. You can also set default to not automatically subscribe to threads you post in.
What is this for? At any rate, I find the emails to be valuable. Especially when they put the person's response in the email too. It allows me to see what is said without having to go to the site if I don't need to respond. LOL

Eric

Reaction score
What is this for? At any rate, I find the emails to be valuable. Especially when they put the person's response in the email too. It allows me to see what is said without having to go to the site if I don't need to respond. LOL

It's for the person that started this thread. He asked how to do that.

SBacklin

Reaction score

It's for the person that started this thread. He asked how to do that.
Oh...haha....sorry.

Mattb

Reaction score
I just shut my phone off for the day. It's 11PM. After 2 days, I have 60% left. I have everything shut off unless I need to use it. If I need to check e=mail or check something on the web, I turn the mobile network on. Otherwise I keep it off. Same with Bluetooth, or GPS. WiFi is always off. Screen brightness turned down to about 25%, and it's still plenty bright. And yes, I use my phone. Occasional calls, e-mails, texts, checking things on the web occasionally, etc. No apps running, and have only downloaded one - scientific calculator. No social network stuff. (But I'm an old fart.)

Why in the world would you buy a smart phone?

jjprusk

Reaction score
String & Cans

Seems like a waste of $$$. Why not just use a string & cans? Seriously, if you have to dumb-down the phone this much, you probably should just buy a cheap Nokia.

Mattb

Reaction score

Seems like a waste of $$$. Why not just use a string & cans? Seriously, if you have to dumb-down the phone this much, you probably should just buy a cheap Nokia.

Thats what im saying. Not a dig, but by shutting everything off, you're totally defeating the purpose of having a smart phone.

karoded

Reaction score
I don't see the connection between shutting things off when they are not in use and your assumption that this means they are not being used. When I am home or work I turn off Mobile and turn on Wi-Fi. Other places I do the opposite. If I am not going to be using either for a while, I turn both off. I turn on GPS when I want to use it and leave it off most of the time.

I also turn off lights during the day and when I leave a room at night.....doing so doesn't mean I should start carrying a flashlight or candles instead.

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
Battery seems like it's draining fast again today. I'm barely using it. Bluetooth and wi-fi are off. It defeats the purpose of having a smartphone when you disable all the "smart" functions. Will Verizon give me another battery?