What is wrong with my battery?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by nygh, May 5, 2010.

1. nygh

nygh New Member

While at work I got the following battery usage stats:

Media Server 20
    Phone Idle 19
    Cell Standyby 15
    Media 14
    Display 10
    Android System 10
    Android OS 3

My phone has been on fire at work whenever I use the STOCK media player recently. I am rooted and I have reached 143F. My battery will barely last me from 745-noon these days, when I used to be able to keep it running until quitting time and the battery temp not reach a degree over 105.

HELP!
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

what rom and what kernel are u using? try restoring to a previous backup to see if that fixes anything
  3. nygh

nygh New Member

Im with Adamz Smoked Glass v6.0

I will try that.
  4. nygh

nygh New Member

New advancement:

It only gets hot and kills battery when using the stock music player. I was surfing the web, using Twitter for about an hour tonight and it didnt get over 105 and the battery only lost like 20% power.

Is there a such thing as a battery leak that a malicious app could cause? Or am I some kind of a neurotic?
  5. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

yes poorly designed apps will drain the battery unnecessarily but i dont think itd be the stock music player. kinda weird..

any other apps you recently installed that might be the culprit?
  6. beneharris

beneharris New Member

install a 3rd party music app, and see if it happens
  7. nygh

nygh New Member

I had a spree where I was looking for the perfect music app awhile back. Downloaded '3' (cube music player) and Nemo player from a thread on this site that provided an .apk from another phone I believe.

I uninstalled both of those awhile ago but am still having problems. Could the leak still occur after they were installed?

The only other relatively new apps I have are reverse lookup, classic simon, credit card payoff and trirecorder. Any known issues with any of these?
  8. nygh

nygh New Member

Okay, so crap...I figured it out and wanted to explain in case anyone else is going through the same situation.

It has only been happening at work, I should have mentioned that. I looked at my battery usage again today and I was at 30 Stand by and 25 phone idle...so I began to wonder...

I think, for some reason, my office building has put up some kind of block on cell phone signals recently, because I have been roaming much more often than usual. I also recall from reading these forums that putting the phone in a locker can cause the battery to drain quickly. I think my job is causing my phone to search for a signal much more now.

My test was putting it in airplane mode, and sure enough, ran my media player for 4 hours and it barely grazed 50% battery.

I do have a question, though....is there a way to stop my phone from searching for signals so strongly? An app or setting or something?
Search tags for this page
what the hell is wrong with my cell phone>
what's wrong with my cell battery

whats wrong with my phone battery