what is UP with this phone ?!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by zero7404, Feb 18, 2010.

1. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

i discovered the other day that the in-call volume sticks on high even when it's set to the lowest setting....i had to toggle volume up during a call to have the earpiece 'unstick' from the high setting and go back to normal....this happens frequently.

and ever since i got my discovery 925 headset (i had to ditch my blueant v1 because of compatibility), there's a 1 in 3 chance that when i connect it to the phone, it will drop the connection within 10 seconds.

i think somethings up with the droid and it's hardware.....i am getting tired of these silly nuances here....if i have to reset my phone and find out it's not an application that's doing it, do you think motorola will exchange the phone under warranty with a new one ?
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yes, Motorola or VZW will exchange the phone if it's not an app or user error
  3. PyroManiac

PyroManiac New Member

hey guys

yeah this is an easy fix...install the volume hack...and you can manually lower it...the sound card kernal gets stuck some times..

drop.io azminisk8ryoutube

if you need help gaining root. Me and several others have written tutorials on it.

just a simple ADB install app.apk for that sound file, but it needs root to work.
  4. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

thanks for the input .... don't want to go the rooting route ....
    shouldn't this be a fix for a future firmware update ?

do you think the bluetooth connectivity is a phone thing or problem with android ?
    i'm not going to buy another headset to see if it works better, i'm already on my second one based on ppl's feedback on compatibility, the discovery 925 is good on it's end.
Search tags for this page

cyanogenmod phone volume high