What is UP with my 4 button LEDs?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by qoncept, Mar 1, 2010.

1. qoncept

qoncept New Member

The LEDs for the 4 buttons on the bottom of my Droid are on sometimes, off most of the time. There seems to be no pattern for when they are on or off. My phone has been sitting on the desk for a while now and they've flashed on for a few seconds and then back off without being touched.

I've gone back and forth between Sholes, Bugless Beast and now Smoked Glass roms, I've had LEDs Hack installed and uninstalled at different points and now I don't know where I am or what the cause could be, and I really don't want to go through a factory reset. Any ideas?
  2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I *think* this is a bug even in the default image. To get your LEDs back, disable and re-enable automatic brightness.
  3. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Huh. Well, I thought it worked, but when I locked and unlocked the phone they didn't come back on. They do come on any time I change the brightness at all, though. Until I lock it.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

It is a bug. If you change brightness that will work, but just as easy hit the power button, close screen and open it up. They will come back on again.
  5. airborne3e9

airborne3e9 New Member

my phone has done that since i took it out the box...like someone already said i dont think its ur setup i think its just the phone
  6. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

those lights are totally random.... going on/off whenever, I just try to not let it bother me.
  7. qoncept

qoncept New Member

I could swear they used to work the way they were supposed to. It only bothers me when I'm in the dark and can't see them, but I can still get by so I'm not too worried about it.