Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Probably very stupid question, but what is the icon in the status bar with a # inside a red circle? I hit clear on the dropdown but it stays.. number changes in it but have no clue what it is, thought originally it was telling me how many notifications I have but says 5 when I have none..

Thanks

M

Matth3w

Sounds like an app you downloaded from the market. What happens when you click on the notification once you drop down the bar?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an app you downloaded from the market. What happens when you click on the notification once you drop down the bar?

That's what I was thinking too, but I wasn't sure.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Well I did download some, but they arent listed anymore in the drop down. I also notices it goes down if I read a mail, but its saying 4 now .. and dont have 4 new emails.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Matth3w is right. I know I've seen it on my phone. Does the drop screen have something to clear at all? I'm talking about a clear button.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think Matth3w is right. I know I've seen it on my phone. Does the drop screen have something to clear at all? I'm talking about a clear button.

Yep it does, but its not 'showing' now, it shows only when it has something you can clear..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try a simple reset and see if that doesn't clear it for you. I'm 99% sure that has to do with downloads. Reset = off & on.

cuskit

Reaction score

Well I did download some, but they arent listed anymore in the drop down. I also notices it goes down if I read a mail, but its saying 4 now .. and dont have 4 new emails.
Perhaps a stupid question - but maybe that's how many "unread" mails you have left rather than new mails (since you say it goes down when you read your mail)? I don't see this ever on my phone so I can't check it. mike

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Perhaps a stupid question - but maybe that's how many "unread" mails you have left rather than new mails (since you say it goes down when you read your mail)? I don't see this ever on my phone so I can't check it. mike

I thought that too Mike, Im just not sure now lol, it not unread, I tried that.. has something to do with running apps...I think lol

M

Matth3w

What I'm saying is, next time , instead of clearing the notification click the notification itself (the one that shows when you drag the notification area down, NOT. The bar itself)

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
What I'm saying is, next time , instead of clearing the notification click the notification itself (the one that shows when you drag the notification area down, NOT. The bar itself)

There is none. It just shows up in that status bar, nothing in the drop down to represent it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sounds like you're running some kind of task killer app and you are getting alerts of apps to kill?